“Always the best! ”

Rawz Cafe
Ranked #20 of 238 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I try and eat here as often as I can when visit Monroe. It’s never a dull moment! They have plenty to choose from cooked or uncooked sushi their soup is always great, and have multiple dishes other than sushi. My wife and I love it, even my five year old does. He loves the fried soft shell crab, and eats it all!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank I-DID-IT

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Been frequenting this place since 2010 but don't get to go as often as I like due to the wife and I now both working out of town. I've seen the reviews of "horrible service", and let me just say after having worked as a bar manager and also a server I can say even the best, most classiest restaurants have off days (employees no-showing, unexpected crowds, etc). Don't let any of those reviews discourage you, this place is amazing. They have far and away the most diverse and original sushi menu of any place in the area, at a much better price than any of their competitors. Not to mention, the wait time for your food here is very, very minimal. Most of the time when you order sushi you have to be prepared to wait before you get it, but like I said I've never waited a long time for my food here. The portions are also very, VERY generous, so bring your appetite! I always make a point to try a new sushi dish each time we go as there as so many on the menu to choose from, and although I don't remember the exact name of it, it was a baked crabcake on top of a bed of California roll sushi. It was EXCELLENT!! The young lady who served our table was excellent and she even complimented my wife on her eye makeup. All-in-all another great experience and I highly recommend this to anyone who loves sushi or Asian food.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped craving Pho. On the way home from Texas, But WOW. We soon realized this place was the real deal. Locals and regulars were flocking in to the smiling faces of the waiters. The broth on the noddles was fantastic .. soft shell crab and fried rice was also our choice THIS TIME but we will be back probably several more times!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I have not eaten at the Monroe location in over a year because the service was horrible. Some friends wanted to meet at the Monroe location for dinner and we obliged. Should have went with my gut. We walked in and the host asks how many. We told him 7 and he relayed the information to a waitress. She turns huffs and rolls her eyes. Seriously?!? I assumed maybe it had been a busy evening and she was overwhelmed so I let that one slide. The same young woman was our waitress as we ordered. Everything else went smoothly until one of our dishes arrived. The guy that brought our plates to the table was asked if he would please bring us some chopsticks. He seriously turned around and said, "um, no" with a dead serious look on his face. I'm assuming he was joking, but I don't know you and I didn't think it was funny. How inappropriate. One of the dishes was inedible. The topping on the dish had something chewy on the outside but very hard on the inside that made it extremely difficult to swallow. Another person in our party ordered the same thing and agreed that it was inedible. We asked the waitress to take the dish and either replace it with something different or just remove it from our ticket. She acted very offended and said that the dish is supposed to be like that. Well that's ridiculous! I explained that we eat at the West Monroe Rawz at least twice a month and I get the same dish every time and I know exactly how it is "supposed" to taste. She says she will get the manager and stomps off. We never saw her again. Ever. The manager never came and we had to stop another waiter to refill our drinks. We explain that we are ready for our tickets but have still not spoken with the manager. The manager finally comes and stands at the foot of our table with a ridiculous mocking smile on her face while I explain our issue with the dish. She then proceeds also tell me how it is "normal" for the topping to be like that. I explain that no one should be served food that they are unable to chew and swallow without choking or breaking a tooth. The whole time she stands there with a ridiculous smile on her face. I tell her that we ordered over $200 worth of food and were clearly not trying to get one free dish. I then asked her to take the dishes off our tickets as they were removed from our table 20 minutes ago uneaten, and we are not paying for them. She turns and walks away without another word. I was so livid. I will never step foot in that place again.
SIDE NOTE: At the West Monroe Rawz we are treated with respect and welcomed like we are going to a friends house for dinner. Everyone is very pleasant and eager to make your dining experience a great one. Maybe the Monroe owners should take note! Never again!

Date of visit: June 2017
5  Thank Chrissy180
Reviewed 27 April 2017

It's a shame that horrible service seems to be the norm. Over the years I've hoped it would improve. It seems worse now. The food is very good. I doubt I'll go back now. My last two experiences were horrible.

Date of visit: March 2017
2  Thank kginwoman

Been to Rawz Cafe? Share your experiences!