“Comfortable and convenient to the highway, restaurants and shopping”

Residence Inn Monroe
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped overnight on our way across the country. We arrived around 7 pm and checked in quickly. Our room was ready and had all of the special amenities I had requested online. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a queen bed with sleeper sofa. The queen bed was in a separate room...very nice since we were traveling with family members. The rooms also have a small kitchen. Breakfast is included. Biscuits and gravy, pork and turkey sausage, eggs, tortillas, cheese, fruit, boiled eggs, juice, muffins, bagels, bread, toast, waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, coffee, etc. Price was 123 plus taxes for one night. There is an outdoor pool and spa convenient to the guest house.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2017

For the price, this place is a dump. The carpet is torn, the ceiling is stained from where it was leaking, the phones in our room didn't work, the bathroom sink was clogged, the tub drain was broken, the tv remote was missing and the one trash can in the "suite" was about the size of a shot glass. According to the front desk none of things could be fixed unless we were in the room. I guess the same holds true for the cleaning staff? This hotel also sits very close to railroad tracks. Beware of this place...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Trey L, General Manager at Residence Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Mr. danielwT5667PU,
When you have a moment, could you email me or call me so I can get a little more info about your stay. I would like to address your concerns but I need to know when you were here and the room number of your suite.
Trey Leoty
318 387 0210
trey.leoty@pillarhotels.com

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here because my son had a baseball tournament at ULM and Louisiana Tech. This hotel was a great choice for our family because of all the on grounds amenities. There is a small basketball court where my boys spent lots of time playing. The hot tub and pool, while a little on the small side, was very nice with lots of seating. The thing my family loved most was the gas grill, so that we could cook on-site instead of eating out for every meal. In our suite, we loved the full-sized refrigerator, used the cooktop a couple of times, and appreciated the dishwasher. The queen bed was comfortable, and everything was very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and was, for the most part, very eager to be of assistance. The only downside was that the sofa bed in our room was broken so that the head slanted down into the sofa and the food was almost a foot higher than the head - weird. The guy at the front desk that evening was very nice but was at a loss as to how to help us, except to bring us extra pillows, so the kids made do, but were uncomfortable. However, when I mentioned it again at checkout, the lady at the front desk made a note of it and said she wished she could've accommodated us better - very professional. Besides that, I would definitely recommend this hotel to other families.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam K
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Wish I could remember all names of staff members whom I encountered here - they have all been consistently friendly and helpful. We try to stay here whenever we work in Monroe, the rooms are clean well appointed kitchenette suites. They offer frequent evening mixers and breakfast is pretty good. FYI I very rarely give 5 stars.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I was left with some "gifts" upon my return to my room after a work day...
Black painted fake nail on the floor.
Under serviced room...debris on the floor, a hair that's not mine, in my bed, sink was not cleaned, nor was the tub. Also,
The bed and pillows are very uncomfortable and old. Underwhelmed with this property.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Trey L, General Manager at Residence Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

DM M,
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with my staff and will continue to focus on the concerns you have brought to our attention.
Trey Leoty GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
0.4 km away
Quality Inn
#5 of 15 in Monroe
10.3 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites West Monroe

Been to Residence Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!