All reviews new orleans room was clean boiled eggs french quarter waffles place to sleep felt safe easy access close to the airport interstate pets microwave nola
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The location is good, everything else was between meh and awful! We reserved a suite. Got there got checked in and discovered the a/c was out. Two hours later they finally put us in two rooms. The rooms are dated but were pretty clean. That’s about the only positive thing I can say about the place. We kept saying it’s only for one night it’ll be fine. But when there is motorcycle races (had to be something like that) all night, could hear every door slam, dog barking, ect. It was a long night. Woke up to either a homeless guy, drunk or exhausted employee sleeping on the couch in the area outside our room. Breakfast was horrible and very limited. Then they charged the wrong card for my room amount. Next time I’ll either sleep in Baton Rouge or just pay the French Quarter prices. Keep driving, you’ll do yourself a favor.

Date of stay: June 2018
LaQuintaGM580, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thanks for responding. Although this is not the typical response and it was very busy during your visit, I apologize for any inconvenience you incurred during your stay. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I wish I could give it less than 1 star...the carpet was so bad my 3 yr old grandson would not even walk on it because it was "sticky". The staff was rude and very unprofessional, made you feel like you were imposing for asking for 2 extra towels (only came with 2 in room and we booked for 4 guests). My husband asked if they would refill the milk pitcher at breakfast, the woman grabbed it from him and poured about 2 inches of milk into the carafe. Overall it was the most unpleasant stay I have ever encountered in New Orleans or anywhere else for that matter.

Room tip: Stay Away From This Place!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LaQuintaGM580, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thanks for responding. Although this is not the typical response, I apologize for any inconvenience you incurred during your stay. It definitely appears we did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to give me a call, I would really be interested in hearing the details.
Thanks

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I basically wanted a clean, safe place to stay while I saw the sights and I did not want to pay for parking. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The room had two nice queen beds and the air conditioner worked well. The wifi worked and there were plenty of towels. My card key would not work one morning so they gave me another one that didn't work either. I reported this to the front desk and Cory immediately came to my room and rectified the problem.

There are really no outlets to recharge your laptop and phone. The only one was on the other side of the room and none of the plugs worked so I had to recharge items using the plugs in the bathroom. I also had to brew the coffee in the bathroom. I didn't report this to staff because I just recharged everything overnight since I was gone during the day.

This is a good location--about 15 minutes to New Orleans and the plantations. Lots of restaurants in the area. Room was quiet and I didn't have any concerns as far as safety went.

It was a good value for the money and the staff was super. They also give you discount coupons for some area restaurants.

Room tip: Conveniently located
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
LaQuintaGM580, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thanks for your response! We appreciate the feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay, minus a few minor issues. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We travelled in from Texas on a motorcycle on one of the hottest days so far. Got stuck in traffic and called. Damien assured us our room would be ready. Got here about 5 and he met us with 2 cold bottles of water. Plus our room was right across from the pool and we were able to see the bike in the parking lot. And the air was set at 62. Room was clean nothing spectacular but Damiens customer service was outstanding. We'll stay here again

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LaQuintaGM580, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for responding! I’ll be sure to pass along your kind words to Damien and the staff! We’re glad you guys enjoyed your stay.
Thanks Again!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

This is an older hotel and unlike most of the newer La Quinta Inns that we have stayed in, you enter the rooms from the parking lot and not the lobby. We usually don't stay in set ups like this for safety reasons. We were traveling with a dog and ended up having to find a place to stay for one night when visiting New Orleans for Jazz Fest. We were very happy with the room, people, and nights sleep that we got in this hotel. The staff was very helpful and accommodated our needs. We felt perfectly safe as the area seemed suitable.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LaQuintaGM580, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate the feedback and I’ll be sure to share with the team! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in the area :-)
Thanks