All reviews cindy bishop new orleans front desk bank parking lot room was clean cafe du monde french quarter yogurt the breakfast area hot breakfast hard boiled eggs easy access housekeeping staff nola area staff was very friendly and helpful restaurants and shopping definitely stay here again
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I was somewhat skeptical about staying here, but it was more than worth the price. My husband and I slept very comfortably and enjoyed the breakfast. What I liked were the cookies, the candy in the suite and the lemonade stand as personal touches. The staff was very accommodating. I was not able to stay for breakfast on the second morning and they had the "to go" breakfast waiting for me and my spouse by 4:45 a.m.! The cost of the stay did not match the ambiance and the service. I now know why they received a "gold standard" award for 2017. When I asked the hotel clerk, Linda, how they won...she stated that it was due to customers like me. Good answer!!!

It was only 10 minutes from downtown New Orleans for those who are interested in proximity to attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mtownlady2017
Reviewed 8 June 2018

This is an excellent location when in the NOLA area. I always stayed in the Quarter at one of the higher end properties. This time there was only one thing actually in the Quarter that we wanted to see so I thought, why stay there. The noise is awful, the crowds unruly at times, the parking a nightmare, you get the idea. We stayed at this property and it was amazing.

We had a suite on the 5th floor with 2 queen beds. The sitting area had a coffee table, sofa, and lamp. The entire suite was just immaculate and beautifully done. We also liked the on-site parking found here. Had we stayed in the Quarter, we would have had to have used valet parking and I didn't want my Corvette taken off-site and stuck into close quarters in an old garage.

When we wanted to go into the Quarter to the World War II Museum, it was a quick and easy ride to get there. It was about 10 minutes.

Adam, the manager was extremely helpful in getting us checked in very early, as I had medicine that couldn't be kept in the hot car. I truly appreciate the effort he made to help me out. He was pleasant and helpful our entire stay.

I highly recommend this property and will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank barbaragwen270
Cindy B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Thanks so much for the" AWESOME "review you have done for us! We as a team strive for excellance in all we do, for our Guest! Kudos to Adam for making your stay a great and memorable one. He is truly a blessing to you our family guest and our Team. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to New Orleans .
Thanks again see ya soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Upon finding out our A.C. was not working and could not be fixed until the following day I began looking for an inexpensive but nice enough hotel to spend the night in. WOW... I would definitely recommend to any out of town guest looking for a budget hotel that is still VERY nice. Newly renovated and checks all the boxes. At 69.00 (with free breakfast) you really can't beat what this place offers. Especially in a city of overpriced hotels!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

To Our Valued Guest!
Thank you so much for the AWESOME review of the staff and hotel. We remember you so well. We are so happy that we could make your stay with us so memorable in your time of need.I hope your AC is fixed for you now ,but you know where to come if you have the need for accomadations with us. Hospitality is what we do and our team strives for excellence on a daily basis for you our guest.

Thanks again for staying with our family at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This is an older hotel that has been renovated. It is about a 20 minute drive into New Orleans. The staff is amazing - helpful and happy. I would give it a 5 star rating on the staff and service alone. The small room and bathroom size bring it down a little. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was kept fresh and well-stocked. Over the busy Memorial Day weekend, the staff made waffles and brought them to the guests. Nice touch! Overall we recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the awesome review of our staff and hotel.We love flipping the waffles for you all. It gives us a chance to get to know you all like family .We do want to make our guest feel like they are at their "Home Away From Home". And we love to make every guest stay memorable. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks again for staying with The Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We booked a 2 night stay to attend a concert in the Super Dome. During the check-in process, the desk staff was pleasant and efficient. Upon entering our room, I tossed the bed covers back to take a rest. I was totally shocked that the sheets had not been changed from a previous customer! I observed bits of popcorn and human hair between the sheets. The rumpled appearance made it obvious the sheets had not been changed. The front desk immediately sent a manager and the head housekeeper to inspect my complaint. They were appalled and took pictures of the evidence. These 2 ladies quickly stripped all the bedding and remade the bed with fresh linens for us. The manager repeatedly apologized for this incident and did not charge us for that night. The management handled the problem courteously and professionally. They assured us that the delinquent housekeeper would be reprimanded accordingly. The remainder of our stay went smoothly.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family