“Planning a stay at Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Leesville

Motel 6 Leesville
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at motel 6 for 3 days during the Christmas holidays. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly. I plan to go back and stay this week. I am having surgery and will need to stay near by after getting out if the hospital. I decided to return to motel 6 because we were very comfortable during Christmas and being comfortable will be important to me during my recuperation from surgery. My daughter is looking forward to lounging by the pool and trying out the restaurant.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

The singles are way better than doubles. The first two rooms I stayed in had roaches. I bought some cleaning supplies and used a whole roll of paper towels cleaning. The beds are clean and decently comfortable. All new mini fridges in all the rooms so far. Different carpet or hardwood in each room. Showers are dirty and the bathroom floor is grimy.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Erin,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Lobby smells really bad, Clerk was in sweatpants and sweatshirt! Staff was not professional at all. Exterior was nasty! Rooms full of spider webbs, tv didn't work, bathroom so darn disgusting, mold everywhere, beds were so dirty. This is the most disgusting place here and it made me feel so dirty! Checked out and ended up staying at the Quality inn!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KM12020702
Reviewed 4 May 2015

Admittedly, I am not a fan of Motel 6s. When it comes to lodging, I truly believe that you get what you pay for, and with Motel 6 being a bargain chain, you shouldn't expect much and especially not in a town such as a Leesville, Louisiana. Anyway, I found myself at Motel 6 with some co-workers. We were looking for a place to bed down for not a lot of money. I would've forked over a bit more money than the $50 I paid, but other travelers in the party didn't have quite the same financial freedom. At first, I was pleasantly surprised, as the motel appeared to be recently renovated. At first glance, my room was inviting. Thankfully, there was no carpet in the room; instead, it had wood grain linoleum that I imagined would be easier to clean than carpet. There was fresh paint on the walls, a Westinghouse brand flat screen TV, and what appeared to be modern furniture. Upon closer inspection, I found that the bedspread had oily stains on it, but the sheets were clean, so I simply turned down the bedspread. The furniture turned out not to be such good quality; the mirror frames were actually made of plastic, and the nightstands weren't solid wood, but that wasn't a problem--it's not as if I planned to move into the Motel 6. What really turned me off was the bathroom. The tub was worn, and I'm not sure if the coloring was dirt or wear, but clearly, the tubs had not been replaced during renovation. Whatever t was, it was enough for me to don my trusty shower shoes. Years of slipshod repair work showed, and the shower curtain had red mildew on it. The chrome fixtures had water stains that cast a whitish hue on them, and there was yellow and purple discoloration on the ceiling where the room upstairs had likely experienced leak and caused subsequent water damage. The ceiling hadn't been properly repaired, and a large swath of spackling was still missing from the water damage. Again, you get what you pay for when it comes to lodging, and as suchour amenities didn't include free WiFi or continental breakfast, though there was coffee in the lobby, and each room had a refrigerator, microwave, and hair dryer. Surprisingly, the property did have a pool but no fitness center. I'm pretty sure I saw a beverage vending machine, and the property also had two washers and dryers on site, but honestly, I was very nervous about using them. They were located in unlit places of the motel, and even the lights in the laundry room were out of order. With no lights and the clientele of the Motel 6 that included construction workers and young people who appeared to be looking for a place to party, I was none too thrilled to find myself roaming around the backside of the hotel in the dark for any reason. The general area where the Motel 6 was located didn't seem safe, either. It's in a rural area with run down restaurants, clubs, and bars along the highway, so take that into consideration when gauging how comfortable you'll be staying at this property. The straw that broke the camel's back for me and sealed the deal on my checking out was when I awoke to find a roach scurrying across the floor. Admittedly, it was just one roach, but given everything else, it was one roach too many. Needless to say, if I ever find myself in Leesville again, I'll likely drive to Alexandria to find a lower priced room, or I'll fork over the money and stay in one of the more reputable hotels.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2015

Dez,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service concerns you describe. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the inconveniences you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

After booking for a week, decided to book again for another week. The room is nice, updated and clean. Microwave had problems at first but it was replaced in a timely manner. Staff are helpful and very polite. I will come back when in the area. Terrific experience, great location to many venues, and very affordable. Thank you for the opportunity.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business