“Nothing great, nothing terrible”

Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Southwest
“Nothing great, nothing terrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2009

We booked this hotel through priceline.com for $30 a night - it was close to the Highway and had a big bathroom and large, clean main room. We were happy with the internet service, and the kitchen unit with microwave and two burners was adequate. There was a full-size fridge too that was very quiet at night, which we appreciated.

There were very few staff available for anything, which wasn't a problem for us as we didn't need any real assistance during our stay - but if we had needed help, it might have been a problem as the place felt a little deserted. Everyone we did encounter was helpful and friendly.

A number of reviewers here pointed out that there was no daily room service. The Extended Stay America's website CLEARLY states their policy in regards to changing towels, cleaning floors and making beds, and providing things like toilet paper, which they do much less frequently than normal motels and often only at a customer's request. It helps if you read about your hotel before you stay there. We were well aware of the hotel's policy and knew that we wouldn't get daily room service, which I think is wasteful and pointless anyway.

• Liked — Spacious, close to main roads
  • Disliked — Not near any real restaurants
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2008

Within 10 minutes of checking into my room, all my luggage was stolen from the room!!! I had gone across the hall to a friend's room and when I returned, everything was gone. I was literally left with the clothes on my back.

The manager was very nice at the time and filed a report with their insurance company. Four weeks later, the insurance company contacted me (after 4 unreturned phone calls to them) saying they found no negligence on the part of the motel, so will cover nothing.

I have since emailed the manager, who at the time assured me that if the corporate insurance company did not cover my loss, the motel would. The manager has not responded to my email.

This motel has no security doors, no video cameras in several of the entrances and has strange people lurking in the hallways, pretending they are employees. When I made the police report, the officer told me they had other reports of robberies at the same motel.

Don't stay here!!!

Stayed December 2007
2 Thank JesNY
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2006

Room was comfortable but smelled sour from AC draining into the room. Lounge chair was damaged. There was no service on the room all week except when I couldn't stand the smell anymore and someone vacuumed the water from the carpet and covered the room in spray freshener. I've stayed in other locations but this one didn't think changing towels every 6 days or linens or ANY service whatsoever was necessary.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank TEllis
washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2006

We made reservations for a two room suite in January 2006 for arrival date of April 2006. When we got to our room, we noticed it was rather small and definitely not a two room suite. I went to the front desk and the manager told me the hotel did not have any 2 room suites. When I produced my confirmation that clearly showed I had booked a 2 room suite, the manager told me that, unfortunately, they had no 2 room suites available and agreed to change the price. The next day, after being out all day, we returned to our room at 4:00 pm and noticed that our bed was not made and we did not have any clean towels. I returned to the front desk and was told that unless people stay for an extended period of time, the hotel does not provide housekeeping service, or housekeeping can be provided for an extra $10. a day, but if I inisisted on clean towels, I needed to bring my wet towels in exchange for clean ones!!!! Clearly, this inormation is not listed on their website. My husband and I found another room at the Marriott and informed the manager that we would be checking out and did not intend to pay for that day. The manager told my husband and I that our credit card had already been billed fn advance for the entire four days of our stay and a refund was not possible. It took calling their customer service number and lodging a complaint for the manager to acquiece to crediting our account. Our room at the Marriott ended up being only $10 more per nite and included towels, breakfast and a pool.

1 Thank cajunandmex
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2006

We paid $42 through Priceline. They (Priceline) only gave us one bed though. The room was pretty big and clean. The people at the front desk were very nice. We couldn't find any fastfood places nearby. The hotel is near an airport ant train tracks, so you will hear planes and trains going by.

• Stayed June 2006