All reviews boutique hotel downtown lafayette room service breakfast walking distance rooms are large exceeded all expectations location was perfect beyond the call of duty sitting area i highly recommend this hotel each morning staff was friendly comfortable bed definitely stay here again cookies tub corridor
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We attended Festivals Acadien et Creole last weekend. Made reservation through Choice Hotels in March for Juliet Hotel, on recommendation of friend. Walked up to front door last Fri, Oct 13, and greeted by a big CLOSED sign. Called a contact number, who informed me they closed 1-2 months ago. He was apologetic, helped us get into another hotel but still... they shouldda' informed me!

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We stayed at the Juliet to experience the wonderful historic building. If you like historic building's you'll love it! In addition to all the historic charm of the halls and main gathering areas, the rooms are huge with high ceilings. The bed was amazing and I slept incredibly well. The sink is in the main room, which was a little odd, and our wall had a couple of holes in it. We were there on a cool night and the outdoor hot tub was very relaxing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You can't beat the convenience of being downtown, either.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear TrueTexasTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Juliet Hotel. We are so glad you found our hotel a good place to stay, and that you enjoyed our historic charm and staff!

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to be better each and every day. We would be honored to have you return to our hotel in the future!

Best,
Mikiya Broussard
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Would I go back? Would I recommend? You be the judges. Here's my story and thoughts.

We decided to spend the night after Fest. International - instead of driving home. So happy there was one room available, we took it.

Once in the room, the A/C did not go any lower than 75 and no one was able to adjust the unit. The rooms decor was out dated and looked cheap.
The tv did not catch any local channels. ABC. CBS. NBC. These were not a choice. Disappointing because I could not enjoy coffee and The CBS Morning Show.
Now for the coffee----guests share the second floor coffee dispenser located in the common area. No coffee pot in the room! So, get dressed and walk down the hall for your morning cup of joe.
The next morning I was woken (earlier than I wanted to due to the late night before) by a sound coming from the walls -- the plumbing.

The over all room and bathroom needs a much needed and long awaited dose of TLC.

Best part, we didn't have to drive home and we could enjoy staying out super late to enjoy a fantastic free music and arts festival. We ate and drank and passed a good time! Please come visit Lafayette LA.
Stay at The Carriage House and use Uber.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay as we strive to exceed all of our guest's expectations. Your input is very important to us and it will be addressed.

Thanks,
Natalie Artigue
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Too bad I cannot give ZERO STARS! The Juliet hotel combines rude staff, incompetent management and horrific filthiness into a guaranteed way to ruin your weekend. First, they "accidentally " deleted my reservation, then they blamed me for their mistake. Then told me I needed to pay a much higher rate because they had to update my reservation. (I had the original email confirmation they sent me.) It was Zydeco marathon weekend and almost everything else was full, so they just figured they could deliberately rip me off.

If I had not produced my email confirmation, the Juliet Hotel would have overcharged me and ripped me off!

But even worse than the rude incompetent staff, was the total lack of cleanliness! It was one of the worst, dirtiest, filthiest hotels I have ever been to! Bathtub was dirty. Toilet was not cleaned. Ants in the room, bugs in the kitchen area. It was just gross!

When we left, I asked to speak to the manager. He could not have been less concerned over our issues, and i am convinced he knew very well that the hotel was overcharging guests and was willfully participating in it.

I would not return. I would not recommend anyone ever stay her. Big Thumbs Down,

Room tip: Stay somewhere else! This place is horrible.
Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank JacksonGuy
TheJulietHotel, Front Office Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear JacksonGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We use any and all feedback to ensure that we maintain and improve upon our guest relations and the services we provide. I am sorry to read that your recent experience with us was far less than satisfactory. I know that an apology will not alter the outcome of your stay but I do apologize with all sincerity. The level of service you received is unacceptable will be addressed. We hope that your experience has not put you off from giving us another chance.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Colvin
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Coming in to town for a music venue, festival or parade? Since it's on Jefferson Street, the heart of old downtown, it's the nicest place to stay. The building has been many things in its lifetime. Lovely place, but no food service. Just so you know.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank CajunPhiMu
TheJulietHotel, Front Office Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Andrew Colvin