All reviews sales manager a lot of noise feel right at home hotel is clean general manager breakfast buffet is catfish recommend this hotel to anyone business trip comfortable bed bellman ms microwave
Reviewed 26 April 2017

I checked in yesterday. The midrange hotels in Lafayette are often a bit worn so I gave it a sympathetic eye but I noticed a lot of dirt and stains on the pubic areas. The desk clerk was somewhat adamant about the smoking policy, saying "We've had some incidents and we prosecute." or something to that effect, which raised an eyebrow...especially after I saw the literally hundreds of butts all around the outside (along with a whole bunch of garbage) of the place. They just don't pick it up enough. The door to my room won't latch, I had to use the deadbolt. The bed is very saggy and old. Carpets are stained and there is a musty smell/trash throughout the hallways. A/C in the room is very loud. The stack of free newspapers in the lobby is from Monday. It's Wednesday now. Staff generally look unhappy. I checked out the Staybridge Suites next door. Looks pretty good. It's around $15/night more currently but I would definitely bite the bullet and pay the extra next time I stay in this area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
John G, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to give us feedback on your stay. I do apologize for your negative experience. If you could email me at gm@wglaf.com, I'd like to further discuss your stay. We try our best to accommodate as much as we can to our guests' needs and to fall short of that is unacceptable. We hope that you would give us another chance the next time you're in Lafayette.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Lindsey was great. I had my room in seconds,no muss, no fuss. She was very helpful on the surrounding area, in general very accommodating, helpful, and professional. The food was great in the hotel restaurant as well as the helpful staff. THANKS, GERALD T.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Thanks Gerald for taking the time to write this review! We do pride ourselves on a friendly, informative guest check in experience at the Wyndham Garden Lafayette. The food in our Bayou Bistro is definitely tough to beat as well. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

The manager,Janell Cormier, met all possible situatioins with a professional attitude and checked on our group time and again to make sure everything was good.. The food for the convention and in the resturant was very good and served in
a professional manner

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the glowing feedback on Janell. She is indeed one of the all-stars on our team here at the Wyndham Garden Lafayette. We really enjoyed hosting the Louisiana Lions Club!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We were here for a lions club convention. Got a room on the first floor where all main activities were held. The lunch buffet was delicious with a great selection of food. The catfish was perfect.
The banquet was very good. Everything was timely and hot. Excellent wait staff. The room where most of the meetings and meals were held was well maintained. Our king room was large but with a very small bathroom. Sink was so high I could barely reach it.
The room was a little outdated looking but I really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The first floor is near everything and we had no problem with noise. King room was very large.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
John G, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The Lion's Club convention was an absolute pleasure to host and we hope to have the honor of hosting the group the next time it is in this district!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I am a frequent traveler and my experiences with this property has be pleasurable. The rooms are clean and quiet and the staff are most accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

It's great to hear about your positive experience at the Wyndham Garden Lafayette! We look forward to your next stay when you're in the area.