Hacienda Jacana
US$80
US$78
US$175
US$158
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$110
US$78
  • Beachfront
Cara Suites(Claxton Bay)
US$136
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
US$103
US$97
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$65
US$62
Radisson Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$151
Radisson
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$221
US$187
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

All reviewsbird watchinghumming birdsfully equipped kitchenlook forward to visiting againher husbandbird speciesself cateringpiece of heavenbalcony overlookingasa wrightwonderful hostsplunge pooltropical paradisedifferent specieseaster weekendindividual cottagesfresh fruit
Reviewed 22 October 2016

An important client of mine suggested Hacienda Jacana as a get away for when my wife came to visit in Trinidad. From what he had told me, I expected a totally relaxing and beautiful natural getaway in the Trinidad bush. I am happy to report it was all that and more!

From the moment we arrived we knew this place was a true gem! After an adventurous drive from the Trincity vicinity, we were greeted graciously at the gate by Simon upon our arrival. He helped us with our luggage and supplies to our cabin. We immediately decompressed and were in total relaxation mode within 5 minutes.

The dinner meal was delivered to our room by Helen and Jesse. Everything they brought was very, very good, and we totally enjoyed all the home cooked food. The cook is just excellent! The openness of the cabin was so very nice and comfortable. The bedroom was air conditioned and bed extremely comfortable. The kitchen was very well equipped, the WIFI strong, the furniture and decor perfect, and the porch overlooked lush tropical flora. I spent a great amount of time watching the many hummingbirds that would fly to within inches of my face if I remained still.

We walked around the grounds and saw the many plants being being grown for food as well as the natural plants and many flowers. Simon walked with us at one point and brought our attention to several things we might have missed on our own. Bring you camera as there are many photographic opportunities.

In the afternoon and evening we relaxed in the small, quaint pool and enjoyed our rum drinks. The other guests that were present during our stay were very nice and we enjoyed some fine conversation.

Our stay was of course much too short. I am looking forward to staying at Hacienda Jacana many more times during my stay in Trinidad. I cannot think of a more enjoyable and relaxing way to kick back away from the normal hustle and bustle.

If you are looking for a beautiful and relaxing overnight stay in a Garden of Eden setting, please call Helen and reserve a date. You definitely will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Let me predicate this review of Hacienda Jacana (H.J.) on the foundation that the ideal vacation for me is one spent at the beach, (whether bathing is possible or not), once I can feel that fresh ocean breeze, hear those crashing waves & see the sunrise or sunset depending on which coast I'm on, I will have a great time.
That being said, my family's stay at H.J. from 31st Aug to 2nd Sept 2016 (2 nights/3 days), was thoroughly enjoyable.
1. Staff :
The hospitality exhibited by Ms. Helen, Simon & staff was second to none. Through the Booking process to getting tips on when was the best time to see the Caimans & donkeys, where was the nearest grocery (we self catered), etc, they were always pleasant & courteous.
2. Cottages :
There are four (4) cottages of which we occupied "Lapwing" which was the closest to the pond- making it ideal for observing nature. The cottages are constructed totally of lumber lending to the ambiance of being surrounded by nature. They are adequately spacious, extremely clean, air conditioned & well equipped with all the necessary amenities to makes one's stay as comfortable as possible. All linens, towels, toiletries, etc, are supplied. Safes, hairdryers, iron & ironing boards are available for use. The kitchen lacks nothing except maybe a 'rollin pin' & large pot (for pelau, etc). Free Wi-fi & cable is available but were hardly used- even by our children.
3. Activities :
a) Pool - there is a small pool in which one can relax & soak. Note, I did not call it a "swimming" pool. The pool & its surrounding lounge area are neatly arrayed to enhance relaxation.
b) Canoes - there are two (2) ponds on the holding in which the two (2) canoes which are available can be used. Our children had quite a time paddling back & forth therein. Note, there are no life jackets for these canoes, so I recommend that you walk with your own, especially if you have children ( & adults) who cannot swim.
c) Shed - in addition to a relaxation area located downstairs each cottage (complete with hammock, tables, chairs, sink, etc), there is a 'carat shed' at the northern extreme of the holding, in which one can unwind & chill.
d) Wildlife/Nature - as mentioned previously there are Spectacled Caimans &
donkeys to be seen on the holding. In addition to these, there are a variety of birds- hummingbirds, kingfishers, gallinules, woodpeckers, bananaquits, kisskidees & herons among many others including of course the jacana which can be observed. Other fauna seen included tegu (salumatte), turtles, fish, frogs & various species of lizards. Whereas flora is concerned, the lotus present in the ponds blooms the most exquisite nocturnal flower & there are various heliconia varieties cultivated throughout the area along with other flowering & non-flowering shrubs & trees. There were considerably less mosquitoes than one would expect being so close the ponds.
I strongly recommend that visitors walk with a good headlight or strong torchlight to allow them to maximise their nighttime experience whilst at H.J. Binoculars and /or a camera with good zoom ability is also advisable. There are no lengthy trails per se on the estate but visitors have unrestricted access to the entire grounds. As Ms. Helen said, "the place is a work in progress" so who knows in time this may also be developed.
4. Safety :
I visited H.J. with my wife & three (3) teenage daughters & I can unequivocally state that at no time did I have any fears or concerns for their health or well being while there. Albeit you are off the beaten track & there is approximately a minimum of 30 metres between cottages, the seclusion does not lend itself to fostering fear or apprehension. It should be noted that there is only one route for vehicular access into the compound.
5. Meals :
As I indicated earlier, we self catered, so I cannot give a review on the culinary experience at H.J. but I did observe meals being transported to the neighbouring cottage.
Conclusion :
Whether you're a couple looking for some R & R or to reconnect or a small family seeking some quality time together away from the bustle of the world, Hacinda Jacana is perfectly suited to meeting your needs. ENJOY!!
the D.R.A.

Room Tip: Cottages on west are furthest from pool. East is closest. Lapwing is nearest the pond & 2nd closest to pool.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Davion A
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent place if you need to get away from the hustle of daily life. It is on a large area of land with wooden cabins and beautiful natural scenery. Canoes are available and there is a grill for cooking. The hosts are very nice. My only minor issue is that I wish the pool was bigger.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016

This tranquil Eco resort in the lush forest of Talparo provides a quiet get away. The rustic, clean yet modern accommodation and sumptuous meals feels just like home. The natural "hummingbird show" that constantly played out on our front porch while we ate and " hung out" was a true highlight of our visit. The personal touch by the owners made us feel so welcomed into their home and lifestyle. This tucked away Eco- friendly resort captured perfection in so many ways.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Th cottage was naturally beautiful. The kitchen was great, so were the bedrooms. Bathroom was really amazing.the verandah was really nice to sit and absorb nature.. I loved the quiet,perfect for a retreat or just unwinding from the hustle and bustle. A small pool is available for kids and if you want to take a dip. The pool area is great for having a meal or picnic. I applaud the owners of Hacienda Jacana for an amazing place and their friendly and warm welcome. I wish them great success at Hacienda Jacana. See you soon!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family