All reviews bird watching humming birds fully equipped kitchen balcony overlooking asa wright plunge pool easter weekend individual cottages air condition little bit of paradise dishwashing liquid helen lake hosts estate birdwatching trinidad
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a fantastic family weekend at hacienda jacana! The atmosphere is beautiful, picturesque, and extremely clean. Lots of birds and other small creatures are always around for you to see. we even saw a cayman about 4 feet long crawl up by the lake to take in some sun this morning! The cottages are so pretty, well equipped with everything you would need, comfortable, updated .. And are just perfection! Helen even asked us what more we would need in the cottage if we were to return, what a most gracious host! Many thanks to Helen and her husband Jesse. They were extremely accommodating to my little 3 year old nephew who was with us, she made him different kid friendly desserts!Our lunch was fantastic, they bring it right up to your cottage....and the dessert...wow!
It is a great place for a getaway, especially if you are not a beach person like me. I will certainly return for a visit!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

In the middle of a tropical jungle, with wealth of birds, exotic flowers, small pond with huge nuphars, a tiny pool and a beautiful cottage makes this place almost like heaven.The served breakfast & dinner are not a gourmet, but tasty. And the hosting is very warm courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: I believe that all the cottages are as good as the one we stayed in
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meir698
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had just spent some time island hopping the Caribbean when we decided to change from beaches to rainforest in Trinidad. Believe me when I say 'Wow!'. The pictures provided do not do this place justice. The rooms are incredible - very spacious and with stunning views, I had a hummingbird come up and check me out the first morning on my balcony - it couldn't have been hovering more than 30cm from my face; amazing. I am not normally a bird-person but my husband and I loved walking the grounds and were amazed at all of the different wildlife we saw. The pool is also perfect for cooling off. We wish had time to stay longer and if we are ever in Trinidad again we will most definitely stay here.

In addition, the value for money is excellent and we loved the way you had your own little kitchen with all the food for the mornings breakfast thoughtfully provided. We just loved being able to get up and have breakfast in our own time. With the views from our balcony to accompany we could not have had a more relaxed & peaceful get-a-way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Britishtraveller2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here after our wedding. It was exactly what we needed. The overall peace, calm and beauty of this Estate is fantastic. No loud music, car noises, no hustle and bustle. Just you, nature, hummingbirds, small caymans (if you can spot them) and that pond. If it rains just bundle up in one of the rooms and turn on the AC. Splendid. The cottages made an impression on me. I love how they were built with lots of room, different types of wood and sound infrastructure. It feels truly secure. The furnishings were all high grade products. Helen and her husband really did a wonderful job with Hacienda Jacana. It's an unspoiled gem that is a perfect getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reann C
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is what the doctor ordered! I travel frequently and often shy away from the familiar. Through random searching I stumbled upon this place, an eco lodge and it is just beautiful. The cottages were well appointed and cozy, especially the kitchen area. You almost don't want to leave the bedroom on account of absolute comfort...but then you do, and there's the calming lake, the delicious fruit we picked off the trees, the birds, the soothing pool, we even spotted a caiman!, Although there for a weekend, the time went by so quickly that it left me yearning. All I can say is I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple