All reviews new orleans our entire stay a quick overnight stay free breakfast upon check would stay here again free shuttle desk clerk an airport hotel decent hotel near airport minute drive fairfields cruise interstate
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I got a call every 30 minutes starting at 3:00 a.m. for my "wake-up call" for the shuttle - I kept explaining I wasn't taking the shuttle to the airport until 6:30 a.m. At 5:30 a.m. I got up since by now I was wide awake. I called and said I'd take the 6:00 shuttle (thinking, if they are late fo the 6:30 a.m. and I miss my flight).....Welllllll....I waited until 6:01 and had to call out to get someone at the front desk (no one was visible for the hour that I was there) and the man called the driver and the driver said he wasn't coming back til later - whaaaaatt? His job is to leave the hotel every 30 minutes for the airport. He arrived at 6:17. I told him I needed to go now and he said, "nope. I ain't leaving til 6:30. I told him I was suppose to leave at 6:00 a.m. and he said, "nope" So, I got a lift ride and made it on time. The lady who works at night was great and very busy (they had no support for her - working alone). The hotel was OKish clean.....strong fresheners in the rooms to cover up some kind of scent. I don't blame the employees....the management here needs to get a handle on training the employees and setting expectatations.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Julie S
manager278, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Sorry to here that but I am very puzzled by that as well since the automated system does not call back once answered and it is limited to only 1 wake up call per day. We try to make it very clear on the shuttle schedule, with both explanation and signage at the front desk. Yes it is available every 30 minute on the hour and half hour only to accommodate as many guest as possible, but seating is limited to 7 so we spots have to be reserved. Safe travels

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Staff was very pleasant, and checked me in quickly. The first room they gave me smelled bad, but they quickly sent housekeeper up and gave me another room. The facility is a little older but has been updated, room was very clean, bed a little on the soft side, but very, very comfortable! It was pretty quiet, I stayed on second floor and could hear people above my walking, but did not hear any talking/TV/music. Breakfast buffet did not disappoint and was in standard Fairfield style of just about anything you could want hot and cold. Very close to interstate, mall and restraunts. I felt very safe. I did not go into New Orleans this trip, but it is about a 20 min drive if that is your interest. Complimentary bottles of water available at desk, just have to ask. Overall, I would stay here again. I would also recommend this hotel for business and families as well.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
manager278, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for giving us a chance to fix your issue and for taking the time to tell others about our service and hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

My principle reason for using this hotel was its Park and Fly package. For about the same price as long term parking, we got a hotel room and 10 days free parking. This is great if you have an early morning flight. In our case, we had a late arrival and did not feel like driving home after an 18 hour trip in coach. Transportation to and from the airport was fast and efficient. The desk staff was excellent and helpful with parking and explaining the details of catching the shuttle. Only a few times did we hear jet noise but this might depend on weather conditions and which runways are being used. The hotel itself is getting a bit old but it was very clean and well maintained. We had a problem with the bathroom sink but someone was at our door within minutes to fix it - to me the sign of a good hotel is how quickly they respond to a problem. Breakfast the next morning was standard buffet fare but with the addition of fresh strawberries. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. There are several restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel and the neighborhood is fairly safe for walking. For a park and fly package, we'll be back. We did not use the pool but it looked inviting. For the price range, this hotel can't be beat.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
manager278, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thanks for letting people know about our park and fly package and our hotel. We apologize for the issue with the sing but glad to see the quick response Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We stayed here one night in advance of an early flight. The staff was absolutely delightful. The lobby looked like it had been recently refreshed. We left too early for the breakfast buffet so I didn't get to check that out. But the guest rooms...well, at least the one we stayed in could use a bit of work.

It's Lousiana in the summer so you know the a/c is going to be running full-time. However the housing on our unit had a crack which wasn't as noticiable when just the fan was running but when the cooler kicked in it rattled quite a bit. If you're at all sensitive to noise, this would keep you awake. Maintenance did come up and tape it down and that worked well enough for us.

When it came time to shower we each found ourselves ankle-deep in water by the time our showers were done. We did report this to the front desk but did not ask them to try to do anything about it since we were just there the one night.

Then it came time to use the hair dryer and it was visibly broken and there was something sticky all over the handle. Since the hair dryer is stored in a bag, housekeeping may not have noticed it and when we called back to the front desk they sent up a replacement right away.

The beds were very soft in our room and the mattresses could use replacing.

We took the shuttle to the airport the next morning and they were good enough to give us a sack breakfast though a little more thought to the food selections would have been nice. Oranges are great but incredibly messy. An apple or banana would have been a better choice. I liked the Greek yogurt but my friend can't eat dairy so perhaps a granola bar would be a better option.

Let me again stress that the staff members were wonderful and were genuinely embarrased over the things that kept happening in our room and they worked to rectify the issues as soon as possible.

Would I stay here again? It's certainly convenient to the airport and the free shuttle and free breakfast were among the reasons we selected this hotel. So yes, I think I'd give them another chance and hopefully the issues we had were just one-off problems.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cards-Preds-Fan
manager278, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay. As a VALUED GUEST, we see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. We also noticed that there were several missed opportunities. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience we are working on addressing the issues you noticed so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We chose this location because we had a very early flight and wanted to be close to the airport. I thought choosing a Marriott hotel would be fine. We reserved a spot on the 5 am shuttle at check in. We were told to be down 5 minutss early. I go to take a shower and the shower rod has obviously been broken several times and dips in the middle. So the curtain wouldn’t stay closed on the end. It would bunch up in the middle. So water got everywhere. The tub moved when you stepped in. Felt like if I stepped in the wrong place, I’d fall through. We went to bed and tried to shut the shades but they wouldn’t fully close in the middle. Our room faced a truck stop or something and there were extremely bright street light (think football stadium bright) shining directly into our room. The room never got cool even though we had the A/C running all night. And the king size bed sunk in the middle so bad, my husband and I were sleeping at angles on top of each other. Neither of us had a good night’s sleep and we had an 11 hour day of traveling ahead of us. To add a cherry on top, we go down to the lobby early as instructed to get on our shuttle and it had already left. She asks our name and checks the schedule and tells us we weren’t on the list. I knew she was lying, so I insisted she check again because I watched them write it the night before. Suddenly she saw our name and apologized for letting the shuttle go without us. We couldn’t wait for it to return, so she suggested an Uber. I made her give me a room credit to cover the cost. Just spend the extra money and stay at the Double Tree. I’ll never come back here for an airport stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megan W
manager278, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Just please be aware that the shuttle leaves on time even if you have reserved at spot. Aging sorry for your inconvenience.