Lowest prices for your stay
US$52
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
PricelineUS$74
Expedia.comUS$52
StayForLongUS$81
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2019 via mobile

Me and my family stayed at the Contempra just two days ago and it's exactly what it says it is, we didn't expect the Ritz but we were a bit surprised at what we got. The rooms were clean, very cool on the hot night and we had cable. We were only there for a short stay so it was good. The woman at check in was really nice but the one on check out, not so much. The ducks walking around threw me off a bit but it gave it an authentic New Orleans vibe and being from up north I found it intriguing. I won't lie, I wouldn't stay here on a vacation type of trip but if you're in town for 1-2 days and working on a budget but want quality, this is a good place to start. But if they made a few more changes I think we'd consider this a true vacation "gem". I don't travel often so take what I say with a grain of salt, I can only go by my personal experience.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2019

We appreciate your stay andfeedback. We have clean, safe comfortable rooms at a great location. We have full size refrigerator with freezers and MW , hi speed WiFi and the best 330 Channel TV anywhere and these are in every room of our non smoking hotel. We are a value based hotel meaning we do not charge for things you can bring or buy such as Extra amenities. We do offer those extras and more such as Neutragena shampoo body wash all sorts of amenities at cost at the front desk and snacks, sandwiches, etc. We send extensive welcome info via email. Our philosophy is that we do our best to provide a value so that you can save more to do more. We love our city and there is so much to see, and experience either as a family, group, couple or independently that to truly experience New Orleans you need to try and visit many different places so to stay with us on trip or vacation will allow more money to go to that extra museum or steamboat trip or fancy restaurant. Thank you again Paradise for your comments.

Reviewed 2 April 2019

This place states that all their rooms are smoke free but they are not. Our room smelled like pure smoke and it was a horrible stay. My daughter and I got headaches from the smell in that room. I went to go ask for another room but they refused to give us another room or a refund on the room we had just stepped into. They offered to spray the room but that was it. The picture of the hotel room is deceiving, the rooms are worse than the pictures. The floor is sticky, they have no carpet, the blankets are dirty, there was hair clippings in the bathroom that was not cleaned. New Orleans is a great place to visit, don't ruin it by staying here!! Spend a little more and see a world of difference.

Room tip: Dont come here
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank lostsovl
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2019

Karlos NEVER STAYED! This is completely fake and false. This is Karlos first review so Karlos when you lie about a business that is not a good start. No Karlos ever stayed with us when it is claimed. The rest is completely untrue and more than untrue a deliberate lie. I suggest “Karlos” is a fake revenge review perhaps by the person we recently refused to stay due to past heavy smoking in the room! That seems more logical.

Reviewed 24 March 2019

Contempra Inn is a real jem. It was a delight from the friendly staff to the spacious and clean room. it was very comfortable and we stayed for a week and everyone was very helpful. The refrigerator was great to have in the room. it is in a fantastic location very easy to get to New Orleans only took 15 minutes. It is well maintained and well lit and we felt very safe. The front desk went out of their way to recommend places for us to see and do. They cleaned our room every day even changed our sheets daily which didn't happen at more expensive hotels.I recommend this hotel to anyone and will always stay there when in New Orleans.

Room tip: The hotel has been renovated and everything is new. It is a fantastic value.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2019

Thank you Bree for your stay and awesome review of the Contempra INN. We really appreciate your feedback. We hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

Poor customer service. Poor accommodations. Could’ve been much better. We could’ve been treated much better. I am called a liar on my google review for stating facts. More of a headache and hindrance than a place of reprieve if you’re looking for a clean, safe place to stay. I will be reporting to the BBB as well. Unacceptable.
As you will see in the photo below, I am accused of having up to four outlandish stories and wanting something for nothing. If Contempra Inn’s staff would’ve had a conversation with us instead of passing the buck to booking.com when we did ask for a refund, they would’ve had the whole story at once.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lauragkimbrell
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2019

Laura you are not the registered guest, you were not the reservation holder. You are the guest of the registered guest your fiancée. Your fiancée made a reservation for a queen room which was provided. It was a held on nonrefundable reservation until your arrival at 8:20 pm. The room was occupied by guest with no complaints until midnight. The registered guest did explain his reason for checking out and it was not a problem with the room. You cannot expect a refund after holding a room until midnight and using it for three hours. That is the TRUTH.

Reviewed 16 March 2019

I stayed at this hotel for a single night before picking up a cruise in New Orleans. Because of Mardi Gras, this was the only hotel we could find for a reasonable rate knowing that after a long flight from the UK we would simply need a clean bed and shower.

The room was basic (similar in standard to a Travelodge in the UK) but had everything we needed for a single night. Shower pressure was average and there were some cleaning issues in the bathroom but nothing worse getting upset about.

I actually had a pretty good sleep and then an excellent breakfast at the American Pie diner which is a short walk away.

It's a long way from fancy but is fairly priced and perfectly adequate if you need to stay close to the airport.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2019

Thank you for your stay during MardiGras and before Cruise. We appreciate you saw our great value. But we offer more that I am sure you did. It have a chance to notice. But other readers may, we are completely Non Smoking hotel and have been for years. We have Full Size Refrigerator/ Freezer and MW in all the rooms. Which for our multiple night guests really find helpful. We have the BEST TV selection over 330 channeks 9 HBO 9 STARZ and 38 Sports and probably all the ones you watch at home. They also can be translated to over 10O languages! We have by far the fastest WiFi and our central locations as you noted is near many excellent restaurants within walking distance even Cafe du Monde for beignets. The biggest and modern laundry mat and full service clothes care is about 15 steps away in our same parking lot along with another restaurant. We are minutes from MSY airport or NewOrleans via I-10z We are thankful you stayed with us and will be happy to welcome your return.
You are a SuperStar .