See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Read the confirmation email that they send with their policies in it. It is very detailed about what they do and do not provide and other important information to make your stay go smoothly. It is one of the most informative policy letters that I have come across. I had to adjust my room choice more than once from a single bed to two double beds. The staff accommodated my requests and they did so without any problem and were very pleasant about it throughout our email conversations. The lobby of the hotel is well stocked and has everything you could ever need if you forgot some toiletry item at home. They don't provide breakfast in the room rate, but they have many quick bite choices for purchase in the lobby area. They are directly next to the highway for a quick off and on drive. There is a conveniently located McDonalds a block away. They are one of the closest hotels to the airport that doesn't charge the airport hotel prices. Unfortunately, it is very loud when the jets take off overhead. Fortunately, the planes stop flying around 10 pm but resume around 6:30 am or so. The room was quiet otherwise and clean. The front desk personnel were very competent in their duties and were enjoyable to do business with. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you are booking a single bed, you will be located on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us and for your detailed awesome review. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is exactly as advertised. No frills, no bells, no whistles. If you just need a room for the night very close to the airport it’s perfect. The room was clean and comfortable. The desk staff was helpful. If you need hair driers and shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, bring your own or stay somewhere else. I thought the hotel description was very accurate and they tell you right up front that they don’t offer these things to help keep costs down. If I were looking for a place to stay while on vacation this would not be my choice but if I’m looking for a place for the night close to the airport I would definitely stay again. Airport is 4-5 minutes away.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee W
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you so much for your stay and your awesome review and comments! You are a Superstar! We appreciate your saying we are as advertised. We are clean, comfortable without all the frills. We appreciate you pointing out that we are as described. Thank you and we hope we can be of service to you again and welcome you back when you are near in the area. We will be happy to see you again.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

It's inexpensive and basic, but the hotel wears this like a badge of pride, so you know what you're getting. Some things are kind of shabby, but everything works and was clean...I think some of the older reviews might be from pre-renovation, so keep that in mind. The bed slightly aggravated my low back pain but was comfortable overall. The staff were all nice. I didn't hear any neighbors or outside noise once I was inside. Basically, you're paying a good price for a decent, clean, no-frills room.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you so much for your stay and your time to review.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Stayed here this past weekend for Jazz Fest. First, let me say that the reviews that promise a "basic" hotel are spot-on. However, this is a little more than basic. First, the good points - room was clean, beds were comfortable, plenty of TV channels on a (smallish) flat screen TV, and the WiFi in our room worked excellently. However...there was NO hairdryer (what hotel room does not have a hairdryer these days?), no iron or ironing board, and the towels were a joke - we would relegate them to the ragbag at our house. There was no shampoo, lotion, or hair conditioner, all of which you get in the low budget hotels as a rule. The location - right off the Interstate and close to the airport - was a bit worrying (noise) but, our room - on the side away from the Interstate - was very quiet. The immediate area is a little run down, but we did not feel uncomfortable. Oh, and there is no breakfast (not really a big deal) but they do not offer morning coffee in the lobby which is fairly unusual. There is a Circle K on the same block where you can grab a cup and go. If the owners would invest another $25 per room to equip it with some decent towels and a hair dryer plus a few toiletries, it would make the room a lot more comfortable. Big plus though - the place is CHEAP! If you are looking for a clean place to sleep and shower, it will work. It is 15 or 20 minutes to the Racetrack (Jazz Fest) and parking is free. The lady at the front desk was very nice.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side opposite the Interstate (even numbered rooms)
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
contempraInn, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for choosing us to stay and for your review. We do not offer coffee or hairdryers etc As is stated on our website and via various booking sites. It would increase the room price and we offer the very best value a clean, new room with excellent WiFi and TV lineup and service. We keep our rates low so you can save money to do more for instance the coffee at CircleK is in the same parking lot. But just two blocks away is Café du Monde best coffee and beignets and three blocks away is both an IHOP and a Starbucks a Waffle House and a French Press Coffeehouse. Thank you for mentioning it so readers can get an idea of all the nearby options and that is just coffee. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping all nearby. Our goal is great value and thank you for mentioning that even during Special Event we are the best value. We hope you will choose us again and we can have the pleasure of you as our guest again. Thank You.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Considering how inexpensive this motel was, I was shocked at how nice the accommodations were! The hotel staff were very pleasant, the room itself was clean and nice looking, the bathroom had some renovations, and the bed and bedding were really comfortable. There are a ton of restaurants in the area, and the parking lot is full of cats and ducks which I loved. It's also only $18-$25 for an Uber to the French Quarter. I have zero complaints about my stay, and I'd be happy to stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Contempra I, Manager at Contempra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

ThankYou for your awesome and detailed review! We are so happy you are happy. We are working hard everyday to be our very best affordable, clean, safe and best place to stay in the entire area with comfortable rooms great FiberOpticWiFi and the best Cable anywhere over 300+ channels 9 HBOs, 9 Starz and over 30 different Sports channels as well as at home features like YouTube, Netflix, etc All the safety and quiet of the suburbs but only short ride away from NewOrleans. We really appreciate your review and the Uber information for other guests to know. We hope to see you again soon! It’s Carnival Time and hope you come have fun!