All reviews plumbing issues tv channels cancelled flight on site restaurant bed was very comfortable front desk staff new orleans ihg interstate lobby shuttle airport proximity sleep bugs housekeeping
Reviewed 25 October 2018

I stayed at this Holiday Inn at the beginning and end of my trip to South America in October 2018. The rooms were clean and only experienced a minor problem on my return with the air conditioning which was promptly solved by the staff. The restaurant staff surprised me by their attitude. It was almost as if my family and I were intruding into some area we should not be in when we went down for coffee. However, there were two staff members that exceeded my expectation. Shandrea and Jordan went out of their way when registering us to assign rooms on the floor that we requested. Their smiles and jovial attitude was catching. These two individuals would make me want to return and I do plan to use the hotel again.

Room tip: There is some noise between rooms so request higher floors.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Having an early morning departure from the New Orleans airport to return home, we selected this hotel for a quick overnight stay because of its proximity to the airport. From the outside, the hotel appears to be relatively new. There was only one person available to check in numerous people so be prepared to wait. The room was neat but did not have the same new appearance as the hotel exterior. During the night I was awakened by noises I thought were associated with the in room refrigerator but upon investigation found the noises were actually roaches. We checked out early and proceeded to the airport.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Hi wmgrayjr,

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. While I'm glad to know that we made a good impression to you with our updated exterior, I'm sorry that we weren't able to carry on with this when you went inside. I understand your frustration with the check in queue, cleanliness issues in your room, and noise. This is not how we usually bring the joy of travel to our guests on the move.

I did share your feedback with our Housekeeping Supervisor and General Manager. I'm sure they'll ensure that the issues you raised are attended to properly and immediately.

Thanks for choosing us for your quick trip in New Orleans and sharing your thoughts. We value you views and would love the chance to make it up to you.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight before an early flight. They have a rate that will let u park for 2 weeks. Hotel new, clean, and well run. Bed very comfortable. Fir a quick airport stay, it could not be better. The hotel seems very new.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I thought breakfast was included when I booked. I was informed not at rate I had booked. I allowed myselt to be upsold $15 for two breakfast, even after having explained to me that the "breakfast comes standard" on banner by the elevator only came 'standard" when booking the rate named "STANDARD RATE". The more I thought about this after checking out, the more I realized I was cheated. I filled out the IHG evaluation, asking to be contacted - I wasn't. Two weeks after the stay, I received a thank you email from the hotel. I replied, again asking to be contacted - again, I wasn't.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Nice new property. Rooms and lobby are well styled. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Bed and sleep quality pretty good. Between the airport and freeway it can get noisy. Front desk staff pleasant, but not real professional. Bar restaurant is okay, but lacks personality.

Date of stay: July 2018