“Bomb brisket”

Voo Doo BBQ & Grill Harvey
Ranked #21 of 103 Restaurants in Harvey
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Life’s too short for lousy BBQ. That’s why we craft New Orleans BBQ dishes that feed your soul. Like a Pulled Pork Sandwich worthy of your mom, and meat platters that have been known to elicit epiphanies. That’s what happens when you dry rub meat with Caribbean, Cajun, and Creole spices, then slow smoke it with oak and pecan. Call it mojo, call it New Orleans flair, call it a ritual. WHATEVER YOU CALL IT, YOU’D BETTER CALL IT QUICK BEFORE SOMEBODY ELSE ORDERS IT OUT FROM UNDER YOU!
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Okay, am I going to lose all credibility if I say that I kind of really liked Voodoo BBQ?

Let me start by saying that I am not as much as a barbecue "expert" as some other folks, but I do know what I like. We were here for dinner on a Friday night. This is one of those "order at the counter" type places and after looking over the menu, I decided to get the brisket platter with cole slaw, mac and cheese and corn bread.

I really liked it! The brisket was tender and juicy with a lot of flavor and the cole slaw was obviously fresh made. The mac and cheese was okay, but I could tell it had been made way earlier in the day and just warmed up when I ordered it. This will probably be the only thing that I skip next time. The corn bread was soft and very good. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the platter, and overall I think it's a good deal for $10.

If you are looking for fancier barbecue, then head over to Blue Oak, but if you are in the area, Voodoo will satisfy your craving

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We were in town for one day, and my son and his wife wanted to treat us to dinner. I was a little skeptical at first from their rave reviews, because I am particular about my BBQ. Can I say that I have been to a lot of different cities this year, and tried a lot of new restaurants. Voo Doo BBQ & Grill is my favorite.

We ordered the following: I had the 6oz smoked chicken (it was so tender and flavorful that I didn't need any sauce. The sauces were good too) sweet potato souffle, and red beans w/ rice was divine. Coleslaw will come with the meat on the side, but you must ask for it to be on the side. one son's had 6oz pulled chicken, w/ mac n cheese, the other had smoked chicken platter w/ sweet potato souffle, and red beans w rice, and my daughter-in-law had a shrimp PoBoy w/ red beans and rice. All with a beverage that totaled about $49.00

The prices are good as well. The decor/staff/ were a plus. But most importantly the restaurant and restrooms were clean!!!!

I can't wait to go back to NOLA and visit my new favorite spot

The website says that they are closed on Sunday, but they are open. I went back before we hit the road.

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

If you like your kidneys don't bother going to that place. The staff is very friendly and genuine. But the food is very poorly. Way way too much salt (extreme) and cheap smelling and tasting food. Won't ever go there again and wouldn't recommended it.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

The food I had was the shrimp po boy. It was very good. The brisket was little lean but sometime it is hit and miss with brisket. Great atmosphere also.

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

The food was quite tasty. I enjoyed every morsel of the Carnival platter with mac & cheese and gris-gris greens. A beautiful afternoon on the patio here and at a reasonable price.