“Improved”

Add it.
Pelican Landing Grill
Ranked #45 of 98 Restaurants in Gonzales
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Description: Established in 2011. We are a family owned, full scale restaurant that provides authentic Louisiana cuisine. From the gumbo to the burgers, all the way down to our salad dressings, our menu items are prepared in house, hand battered and cooked to order. Dining here will surely give you a taste of authentic Louisiana cooking. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I gave this restaurant a bad review three years ago and didn't eat there for three years. Some friends said it improved and that they like it, so I decided to give it another try. Our meal was much better this time. The onion rings were perfect. The shrimp, corn and crab bisque lacked spice, but adding a little Tony's fixed that. The ribeye was cooked ok, but the quality of the meat was below average (this might not be the restaurant's fault). If the ribeye was better, they would have received four stars.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

We ordered to go and should have known something was wrong when we got there to pick up the food at 6:15 on a Thursday night and the restaurant was empty. As soon as we opened the containers at home we knew it was not going to be a good experience. I got a grilled chicken salad..the chicken was very dry. We ordered the crab bites and they were burnt. My husbands burger was over cooked and my son got 5 shrimp with his Shrimp & Grits entree. Not to mention Quaker Instant Grits tasted better than these. Not Returning! I think the only reason this place doesn't have an overall 1 or 2 star rating is because it used to be a good restaurant. It's just gone down hill. I don't know how it is still open.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

I eat here about once per month. I almost always eat gumbo here. If you would like a very good hamburger give this one a try. You very rarely have to wait for a seat at night. Busy at lunch time.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

I was there on Monday Feb 2, 2015. I was pleased to see how crowded it was with so many plant workers there. I ordered 3 different appetizers and was very impressed. The spinach dip had a great kick to it and the fried bowtie pasta was great for dipping. The potato skins and the fried mozzarella were also delicious. Service was good and my waiter was extremely attentive. I will be returning!!!

Reviewed 17 October 2014

Now called Pelican Landing Grill, this restaurant was hugely disappointing. Not only did we waste our money, we also wasted our time. I ordered the hamburger with lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. I ordered it medium-well. Half of my burger was over-cooked and the other half was under-cooked. My burger, which was seasoned very well, arrived with fries that were also under-cooked. The lettuce on my burger was chopped and wilted, it only had 3 or 4 diced onions on it and half of a tomato slice (a thin slice at that). My husband ordered jambalaya. It was served over angel hair. It was extremely skimpy on the onions and peppers. Served with bite-sized bread that was dried out and not crusty. The bread was an embarrassment. The service was extremely poor. There were two tables (including ours). We waited a very long time for our meal. Our server was extremely inattentive (she spent the majority of our meal sitting and chatting with another employee). Even when we flagged her and asked for extra napkins, it was a wait. We were here early (5:00) on a Friday night.

Been to Pelican Landing Grill? Share your experiences!