TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge Gonzales
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Gonzales
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Had to request change of sheets three times, never dusted or ran sweeper, found old food under night stand. Weekends were a hang out for employee friends raising hell in the lobby and pool, very loud, curtains had holes in them.

Room Tip: Here's a tip Don't stay here !
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Samuel H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a comment. Your opinions and comments are very important to us and we appreciate you giving us the chance to address the items you mentioned. I regret that your experience precludes your return or recommending our hotel to others, but if I can be of any assistance to you on a future visit to Gonzales it would be my pleasure to try and recover your loyalty.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Quick Trip to Baton Rouge this weekend and decided to stay near the outlet mall. Great location. Room was perfect and breakfast was good. Staff friendly and helpful with directions. Room was spacious and very clean. Will stay again, location was perfect!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We stayed at the TownPlace Suites because it was on the same side of the busy boulevard as the venue for an event we attended. Last year, we stayed at the Holiday Inn. It was excellent, but inconvenient to get to the venue. So this year, we stayed in the TownPlace Suites for 3 nights.

The girl at the front desk was delightful and helpful. But after checking in, we never saw her again. Hardly every saw any representative of the hotel at the front desk. I guess they're spread thin around the hotel.

After the first evening, I knew I'd made a mistake. We could hear banging around from other rooms around us. That wasn't good, but the worst thing was the orientation of the bathroom. The commode and shower/tub are in a tiny room; so small that the door almost brushes against the commode. To open or close the door while inside, you have to move around and stand between the tub and commode or the door will run over your toes.
That's bad enough design but it's worse. The lavatory/vanity do not have a door to the sleeping area. That means that it's impossible to do anything at the vanity in the dark without waking one's traveling partner with a bright light. That's absolutely ridiculous. They could have easily put the door to the entry of the vanity and no door to the tub/shower/commode. Or, if privacy in the tub is an issue while someone might be in the vanity area, a pocket door would solve that.

Well, we made it through the 3 nights with the inconvenience of the vanity/tub issue. But if you want a hot breakfast, you'd best go to a restaurant. They had the fried eggs and sausage in covered things, but cold! No warmth at all. Same with the pancakes. cold. I threw it all out . . . inedible unless I was starving and needed nourishment badly. The choices were poor, food was cold, no microwave to heat stuff up and the serving is a very small closet-size area. Very disappointing.

Why disappointing? Because we paid $129 + taxes for this 2-star place. The Holiday Inn was right across the street for $10 less. Next year, Holiday Inn.

And if this is representative of TownePlace Suites by Mariott . . . then I won't try one again if other options are available. I was expecting much, much more.

Room Tip: I don't think they have one.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Samuel H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Your patronage is very important to us and I am sorry that our efforts fell short of your expectations in some areas. The information that you have graciously provided will be put to good use and we will do our best to improve our performance in the future. It is our hope that you will consider us again the next time your travel plans return you the Gonzales area. We remain confident that your next experience with us will be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights during my recent work trip. I was very pleased. Room is very spacious, complete kitchen, fully stocked. Large Closet. Full desk. Sofa Bed.

Everything worked well, no issues

Breakfast was average, mostly continental.

Walking distance to plenty of restaurants. Close to highway, outlet mall nearby.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
sharon h, Director of Operations at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear ORD_-TGU,

Thank you for reviewing the Towneplace Suites by Marriott in Gonzales, Louisiana. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoyed your visit to the Gonzales area. Please keep us in mind on your next visit. Safe travels and thanks for choosing Marriott.

Sharon H.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I came late last night for work with my CLC card. The night auditor was awesome. Even at 12am she still was eager to help me. She explained breakfast to me and even told me they sometimes cam accommodate people's wishes for breakfast. (I love bacon) The room was awesome with a comfy bed and beautiful kitchen.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business