TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge Gonzales
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Gonzales
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Nice and clean. Quite. Close parking. Rooms fair size. Pool. Breakfast and place to eat. Stayed overnight and place was fine. Room wasn't ready until mid afternoon. Guess that could happen anywhere. But had not run into that anywhere else this trip. Nothing bad to say, nothing outstanding stands out either. Just a good play to stay one night.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and I remember it not being amazing but good enough. Well this time I think I'll officially mark it off the list for any return trip. The air conditioner was struggling to keep the room cool. I kept waking up in the middle of the night because it was so humid in the room. I finally decided to call the front desk because I couldn't get a minute of sleep in the humidity. I told them the a/c wasn't working and the room was humid, so the lady told me she'll send a maintenance person up to check it. Roughly 45 minutes later I called the front desk again because the maintenance person didn't show up yet. She said, oh well the maintenance person will be there at 7, which was another 30 minutes. So after a sweaty, humid night here, I don't plan on coming back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Deon W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge Gonzales.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology regarding your service experience. We have shared your feedback with our hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue.

Upholding my commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service is priority, and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Gonzales.

Kristi Creel
kristi.creel@avalonhotelgroup.com

Reviewed 28 August 2016

The recent flood took my home and with the generosity of a family friend, my family and I were able to stay here for 7 days while we waited for the water to go down. The first two days were fine, the hotel was really nice and clean. While visiting our home to assess the damage I received a package; my Milani brand makeup I had ordered a week before the flood and that was a bright spot in the situation. I brought back with me to the hotel with it still being in its clear ziploc bag that it was packaged in knowing I didn't want it to possibly melt in the car. Well I decided to have the room cleaned since we had no more clean towels; I even picked up the room and had all our luggage on the couch so it wouldn't be in the way for the cleaning lady. Before we left the room I decided to try on the lipstick I got to see it on but didn't put much on because I was going to sweat it off anyway working in gutting the house back in Central so I left it in the drawer. Well I come back later in the evening and take a shower using one of the fresh towels and get ready to go eat with my boyfriend. I look for my new makeup and I can't find it. I search and search, carefully going through every suitcase, box, drawer and behind all the furniture but nothing. I let the clerk at the desk know my makeup is missing and he tells me they will let me know if they find it. I know it was stolen out of my room and it's pretty sad that they would not question who cleaned my room. I don't have much after this disaster and I know it's just makeup and I'll buy more, but you put your trust in a company to be honest and watch over what few things you own so you can try to pick up the pieces of what's left of your childhood home. I am grateful for the generosity of the friends who paid for this hotel but I will not recommend this hotel unless you keep a very close eye on what valuables you bring into it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Deon W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at TownePlace Suites Gonzales with us.

One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of customer service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding a missing cosmetic item from your room caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn of this matter following your departure.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I would like to learn more about your experience. Additionally, please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

the staff was great if ever in the area please try them out. Everyone went over and above to make everyone welcome thanks especially Jennifer and Delaina It was like and apartment you really don't have to leave the room but if you do eating places in walking distance and outlet across the street.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2016

The only reason why I put a 3 for Service is because there was only one person working at the hotel for both nights. The staff was amazing, there just weren't enough of them. We got an upgrade to a two bedroom suite, and paid only $89. There was a baseball tournament with some of its competitors staying at this hotel, and they were quite rowdy, especially at the pool. Breakfast was ok, and WiFi was very good.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MarriottTraveler411
Deon W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding staffing levels and noise from other guest caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided did not quite meet your — or our — expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our guest experience.

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. We hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Gonzales LA.