Phong Nha Mountain House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$38
TripAdvisor
Phong Nha Farmstay(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
  • Pool
Phong Nha Lake House Resort(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
TripAdvisor
Victory Road Villas(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
TripAdvisor
Thuong Hai Hotel(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
TripAdvisor
Phong Nha River View(Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park)
Happy Hotel(Ky Anh)
TripAdvisor
Sea Star Resort(Dong Hoi)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan amazing cookchickens and ducksmulti course mealaccommodating hoston stiltslaundry servicebeef skewersbathroom downstairstrain stationdelicious dinnerphong nhanational parkprivate balconyrural liferooms are beautifulthe rivergreat memories
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I picked Phong Nha Mountain House from the recommendation by the oxalis website and couldn’t be happier. I was only there for one night but the ladies there made me feel so welcome and at home. Ms Ai and the other ladies are so friendly and helpful, in person and via email. I had no problem booking or setting up an airport pick up, Ms Ai always responded so quickly. When I arrived I was provided with a bike to ride into town with and I highly recommend doing this as it’s beautiful along the river and the kids all say hi. It’s only one road so no way to get lost. When I asked Ms Ai about dinner she offered for me to have it at the house so of course I said yes. I sat on my little balcony watching the ducks and chickens next door while I had a beautiful banquet of food, the best I have had in Vietnam so far. The room is great, basic with the bathroom downstairs but everything is so clean. I slept well except for the 5am wake call from the roosters and geese next door :) Breakfast was also beautiful, you get to pick what to have and I kept it basic with fried egg but the bread loaf provided was so fresh and tasty. Also the WiFi is really good. If I am ever back in the area I will definitely stay with these lovely ladies again. Thank you Ms Ai!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Arliah H
Reviewed 3 March 2018

After the long journey to get to the area (traveled about 40 hrs from NYC), the Phong Nha Mountain House served as a nice restorative "retreat" before my caving/trekking tour. The room I stayed in was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and I loved the wood interior. Oh and having breakfast (included) on the patio was a really nice treat! Though the toilet and shower room were downstairs, I didn't mind that at all. I was also very happy I was able to arrange for them to pick me up from the train station even I didn't get in until 11:30 pm. I also appreciated that they let me borrow a bicycle so I can ride around the area and easily get to the main drag that was about 1.5 miles away. They were all very nice and I felt safe and comfortable as a solo female traveler. I also liked all the farm animals running around next to the property. I highly recommend staying here if you're going to be in the area. It is away from the main drag but that's what I was looking for.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank erikaxchan
Reviewed 25 January 2018

From the beginning, chatting on line in Alaska regarding room availability, I had a great feeling about this place. They were very responsive and clear. We were picked up from where the bus dropped us off at 5am and slept in the car in the driveway until breakfast was served. Eggs over noodles! And killer coffee. I cannot say enough nice things about the people of this place. I have traveled to a few other parts of this world, but the way we were treated at the Mountain House makes me want to come back again sometime soon.

Room Tip: At this time, there are three rooms but soon to have five. I would recommend this homestay to anyone visiting Phong Nha. It is outstanding!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rrrawlins
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My stay at the Phong Nha Mountain House was truly in of the highlights of my whole trip to Vietnam! Dieu and his family we so kind and helpful, and the food was absolutely wonderful!!! I felt so good about spending my money there because I could see that it was going directly to really good people. Dieu speaks good English and was able to help explain the tour options so we got to do just what we wanted. The room was spacious with beautiful hard wood floors, and very clean! It was also very conveniently located and easy to get everywhere. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone visiting Vietnam!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sage B
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Mountain House despite only having one night. The rooms are beautiful and well equipped. We were able to check in early and come back for a shower & change in the evening after checking out, no problem (after a day of exploring caves and getting very muddy!). They also rented us a great scooter for the day and organized our lift back into Dong Hoi to catch our train out.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple