Anantara Dhigu is set on a very beautiful lagoon. It is literally out of a dream (see my attached photos). One of the best holidays ever, though it is pricey.
- Very very pretty setting
- Dhoni Bar on Veli Island has amazing vegetarian pizzas
- Access to sister property at Veli
- World Class Thai Restaurant in a very beautiful setting
- Huge room with direct access to the sea (which is waist deep for at least 100 metres from the room).
- Very kid friendly
- Baby sharks and Sting Rays swimming around the lagoon - very very pretty and completely harmless
- Free kayaks and snorkels
- Friendly service
- Very costly
- Spa wasn't worth spending $500 for a couple's massage
- Nearly $500 for airport transfer for a couple was also steep
Overall I would highly recommend it. This resort has much better overwater suites and much better views than the sister Veli resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives