All reviews the grill st vincent modern hotel fantastic breakfast sash windows stayed one night fresh fruit nice pool the main road hudson taxi hill airport caribbean island tank internet
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The hotel is about fifteen minutes from the airport once the traffic is not too bad. I just stayed one night there as I went to write the Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI) examination at a Pearson Vue Center in Kingstown in March, 2014. There great views from every direction of the hotel.

The room itself was decent and the breakfast that was served was good enough when compared to other established hotel chains.

There is a bar and restaurant that is located on the property but it could be difficult to access as there is a track that has to be manoeuvred through to reach it. The hotel is at the top of the hill and the restaurant is at the base, close to the sea.

The beach itself did not seem enticing because there were a lot of rocks and the water was not looking clean either.

The swimming pool looked ok but I was unable to utilise it because even though I was back at the hotel before 11:00 a.m. I would have had to pay the full price to use a room since there were no other areas to bathe and change. I asked about options with regards to the use of the room if I returned early from the examination since it was supposed to take two hours but the staff indicated that I either have to check out then in the morning before I left or risk paying for another night if I returned late. If the hotel was busy I could understand that policy but the place was almost empty so I just waited until my taxi came for me to go to the airport. I did have the benefit of a place to sit in the hotel's lobby though as I waited.

If you find this review was helpful I will be grateful if you give a thumbs up.

Room Tip: There aren't too many options since the hotel is not that big.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Narendra B
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We loved this charming little hotel. The view is really "Grand" and we couldn't get enough of it. From the pool area and from our room we were able to see the bay and the little islands. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Really wonderful people. We felt very welcome. What was special for us was the colonial character. It fits the island much better than any fancy modern hotel. Everything was functioning and very clean. So we have to say it was one of the best places we stayed in. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Tony S, Manager at Grand View Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review, and thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the essence of our hotel.
We always appreciate knowing that we are achieving our mission, and we look forward the pleasure of having you with us again very soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Admittedly I was hesitant to stay at what I perceived to be a very dated establishment, and was somewhat concerned about the availability of modern amenities. However, I decided to try somewhere that was different...in this regard, Grand View Beach Hotel did not disappoint!

As the taxi rolled up, and I stepped out, I literally gawked at the magnificent ocean view before me. While the hotel itself can be considered old fashioned by some, it exudes the undeniable charm of a rich but largely untold history.

My visit was very quiet mostly because the hotel was sparsely booked...and this is a shame, as this quaint but place holds vast potential for visitors who seek something different from the typical sun, sea & sand resort-type accomodations.

I have travelled fairly extensively in the Caribbean, but Grand View is VERY unique. The surrounding views will literally steal your breath and relax you as only the ocean can. However, the most distinctive asset of this hotel is their magnificent staff. From the moment I arrived, they exuded a genuine wamth which made me feel very welcome and comfortable. In particular, Hudson & MIchael went out of their way time and time again to ensure that I was well taken care of each day. For this, I am very appreciative. I sincerely enjoyed all of our chats guys!

Indeed, the dedication of the wider staff is evident in everything they do, and it is my hope that more travellers visit this special hotel.

The stunning views need to be on display to potential guests. I would also suggest some upgrades to the facility, pool area and meal options. Additionally,management should consider replacing the artwork.These are by no means game changers, and should not be considered deterrents.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to St. Vincent, and will return to Grand View Beach Hotel. I encourage other to do the same.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Tony S, Manager at Grand View Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Thank you Ms Reveiro. Will pass your compliments on to our staff. It was a pleasure having you with us, and we look forward to being of service to you soon again.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

At the start was a very warm welcome by Angie, the receptionist, who just said she was expecting us. She then gave us room 9 (as all rooms also with the name of a flower, ours was 'Frangipani'), which is located in a corner and thus has phantastic views through traditional sash windows in two directions. One view was towards the rocky shoreline of Arnos Vale, one with a sunset in the direction of Bridgetown. Thanks to this arrangement we also had natural air conditioning. never having to use the AC.

The room was spacious, well appointed, also the bathroom with an old-fashioned wooden WC cistern, which had to be handled with extra care. The bed, also reminding one a bit of old-style England, was on the soft side. The whole place has quite a history and Angie once gave us a paper to read about the buildings interesting past.

Sitting on an elevated promontory the location of this hotel is magnificent. A bit exaggerated is the 'Beach' in the hotels name, because the beach down a few steps, which one also had to take to go for dinner to the 'Grand View Grill' restaurant, is nice to look at, but when one goes into the water there are rocks with plenty of sea urchins, although if one walks a bit further there are possibilities to get into the water.

There is an interesting choice to select at breakfast (no buffet and not included in the room rate) and besides a Fruit Bowl with changing fruit I had the chance to try unusual dishes such as 'Codfish Souse with Breadfruit' or 'Ballahoo with Maffobay': a fried, small fish in vinegar, served with a kind of starchy banana (no plantain), of which there grows an example in the hotels garden.

Before dinner past a nice smelling Ylang Ylang tree and down the illuminated steps to the 'Grand View Grill', I enjoyed my drinks at the lovely bar, where the friendly barman Michael, who previously had helped us with the luggage up the stairs, is a fountain of knowledge about St.Vincent. The same can be said in regards to Hudson, who replaces Michael on his day off and who served us dinner in the bar, when - as every Monday - the 'Grand View Grill' is closed.

There is also a small swimming-pool by the hotel and to get into Kingstown or elsewhere the reception will order a taxi or one takes one of the frequent local buses, which pass by on the road close to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saronic
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel was a nice surprise. I'll start with the quick and friendly check in process. I'd rate the room as outstanding and a view that is second to none. The staff was so great that deserves an special note. Food at the Grill was good, although having something to eat at lunch could be a little difficult. Be prepared if your stay is on business reasons, internet is not reliable and there is no business center. If you are on vacations and want to have a true Caribbean experience then Grand View should be at the top of your stay options.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business