“Valentines Day Dinner ”

Cafe Lafourche
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Full service Cajun & Creole Restaurant open 6 days 10am - 2pm and 5pm - 9pm Monday thru Saturday available for private parties (rehearsal suppers ,small weddings,birthdays, baby showers, anniversaries, brunches,etc.Call for details.
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been on s business trip with my husband this week, so it would have been very hard to make reservations for dinner for Valentine’s Day.... But.... last night we had one of the best meals we’ve had in a long time!! My husband was told at the business he is working at a very nice restaurant, but when we got there... they were all booked for Dinner!! So, I looked on my phone and found Cafe La four he!!!
It was meant to be!! No reservations needed!! Let me say right up front, our server, Raychelle, was Great! Very knowledgeable, nice and attentive. My husband had Pork loin and I had Steak
Each Dinner with salad and potatoes!!
All very good and we enjoyed our food !!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Found this place after getting lost and stopped in to get directions, Eric the owner was only too happy to assist 2 foreign lost travellers.
So when it was time to dine there was only one choice, even with his busy day he remembered us and was full of question on whether we had found our destination.
The food is impeccable and sized perfectly for diner enjoyment, he calls this a cafe but in our opinion it is no stretch of the truth to call this a fine dining restaurant that is worth finding and if your worried about the budget, don't be the prices are as good as the food.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

My roots are in New Orleans -- but I've been in California for a long time. Passing through Donaldsonville, we found Cafe Lafourche by sheer chance and were THRILLED.

The Seafood Gumbo was simply marvelous -- possibly the closest I've ever found to my personal Gold Standard of Gumbos, my grandmother's recipe. The spices and consistency were spot-on authentic. The accompanying Peasant's Bread was perfect for dipping and I *loved* Eric's Crab Cake.

We will certainly return if we pass through that area again. I regret we didn't try the Bread Pudding ... I hope to have a chance in the future.

THANK YOU for a lovely evening and meal!

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Food is amazing! The atmosphere is historic with the old cajun feel. The cajun-creole cuisine was spectacularly delicious! Staff was awesome.

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

When you give tips it's not for the food it's for the waitress and you know I'm telling the truth but you could lie to get people to come to your restaurant it's your business so of coarse your going to lie but I know what I experienced. Everybody experience will be different but that night was awful to me and maybe it was because we was a different race I don't know. But the truth will come out sooner or later. GOD BLESS YOU

6  Thank anthonyandangelaj

Been to Cafe Lafourche? Share your experiences!