“Wonderful little seafood restaurant in quiet downtown”
Review of Grapevine Cafe

Grapevine Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2015

We took a beautiful Sunday drive from Baton Rouge to Donaldsonville just to visit this restaurant. It came highly recommended by friends. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was so nice. I wish there had been live music that day! This would be a fun place to dine with friends or family.

Reviewed 3 December 2015

I ordered the ribeye special, medium rare. The steak arrived very very rare, and had so much gristle I couldn't chew it. I ate the sides and just a few bites of the steak. When the server came to pick up the plates and asked why I left the steak I told her and she said they'd "take care of it", but that they meant that they brought us each a free dessert (which we really didn't want) and took $5.00 off of my meal. Considering that the steak was inedible I thought they could have done better. Some of the other things I tasted were ok, but probably wouldn't return.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

Wow
The food here was excellent. Plus there was live entertainment. I do not remember what everyone ordered but we all enjoyed everything. The service was excellent. We will defiantly come back. The photo I submitted was a half order because my sister and i split it. To save room for dessert. Well we still could not finish our dessert which we also shared we were stuffed and we did not even eat the complimentary French bread.

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We stopped by this restaurant for lunch on a road trip on the recommendation from Southern Living. The restaurant had a good crowd and a nice atmosphere. It was also neat to the the artwork they are showcasing around the restaurant. Food portions were enough to share.

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

While enjoying the local plantations, we wanted to eat where the locals eat. This is a fun, friendly, and tasteful place to eat. The food came in large proportions and the staff were very helpful with our local interests. Don't miss this if you are in the area.

Been to Grapevine Cafe? Share your experiences!