All reviews front desk new orleans seafood restaurant spent one night here indoor pool the entire staff next morning definitely stay here again denise faith florida reward housekeeping gm nola funeral walmart
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We've stayed again at this hotel several times this year due to family visits. I have to say that they really know how to treat repeat customers. The front desk staff is always friendly and welcoming, especially if they had checked us in on previous visit. Of course, employee turnover is inevitable, but even staff members who have never seen us are always very welcoming. We stayed there again on the nights of 11/18/17 and 11/25-26/17.

The staff has so far managed to accommodate our special requests including the request for a high floor and a quiet room. I recognize that arriving at short notice it may not be possible to always do so, but so far they have.

The Bistro staff is uniformly friendly and efficient. The cooked breakfast order always come out of the kitchen promptly and correctly. Bistro staff member Shandra has a great memory and always remembers my breakfast preferences. She is also very cheerful, pleasant, and efficient.

The property is well-maintained with a modern, functional décor. We look forward to staying there again for our Christmas visit.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gbuhler
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a soccer tournament along with a lot of other people!! The hotel was obviously booked but we couldn’t tell by the service. Everyone was very nice. The room was clean and spacious. We had to be on the field very early and having the breakfast area downstairs was very convenient. The kids loved the pool area. Even though there were lots of kids staying that weekend we didn’t hear anyone running up and down the halls (we’ve had this problem before). It was very quiet in the room. It was also in a great location with lots of things close by.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Liza T
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I was there for a knitting seminar over a long weekend. The hotel is centrally located to anything you would want or need from restaurants, coffee, gas, or groceries. Shonda and Gloria took care of us with great breakfasts in the Bistro up front. The food was good, hot, and served up with plenty of personality. Denise was Miss efficient behind the desk with anything we needed at check in and beyond...again, always with a smile AND a Roll Tide even in Tiger territory! Ellen and Nick were our go-tos during our seminar events and anticipated our every need before we even knew we needed it! I am still convinced that Nick must not ever go home as I would see him at ever hour of ever day working so very hard!! The Entire weekend was a huge success and a BIG part of that was having it at this Marriott Courtyard. Thanks to all that staff that make it run so efficiently.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017

While we were unloading our van after a long day of travel, my eight year old son was standing in the grass. Unfortunately he must have distrubed a nest of fire ants and soon was covered from the knees down. After quickly ridding him of the ants, we found that he ended up with about 50 (painful) stings. While we were checking in, Rhonda Lamar (our wonderful front desk clerk) asked about my son being upset. Upon learning of the fire ants she immediately recommended vinegar to sooth the sting (who knew). My son went from being very upset to very happy at no longer feeling the pain from the stings! Thank you Rhonda! You turned what was sure to be a rocky start to our vacation into a happy ending!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel was built in the 1990s & the building where my room was assigned appeared to not have been updated since then. The rooms smelled of mold & mildew... probably from the water stains on the ceiling. The toilet in my room stopped flushing & the refrigerator didn't get cold enough to keep our milk cold, so I had to put it on ice and hope for the best. I never figured out what the white stains were on the bed skirt! We decided to eat in the Bistro located on the first floor. We finally got settled after a game of dirty/stained musical chairs. I can't believe this is a Marriott property. It's more like a Motel 6 or Super 8.

I had to give it one star in order to write this review. Hopefully, soon we will have the option of adding negative stars... this would have earned a negative rating.

How gross!!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Darrius G, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Covington/Mandeville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your recent hotel experience with me. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I regret I did not get a chance to address your concerns while you were here.

The issues you raised will be shared with our entire hotel team. We pride ourselves in delivering quality service from our staff and our product. I apologize that we let you down.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience. Rest assured we take such things very seriously and will take appropriate action to make sure the concerns you experienced are resolved immediately.

Warm regards,