“Great seafood”

Hymel's Seafood Resturant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Convent
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Great seafood. A little expensive but worth it. On river road. No curb appeal and sparse surroundings inside. Sometimes a Cajun band plays.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

I had visit Hymels's for 20 years. I love weekends, wonderful atmosphere. Seafood is fresh and service is wonderful. I always feel at home. I love lunch specials, excellent price and great food variety. Very tasty dishes.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

I have been going there when I am in the area since 1968. Wonderful food. Friday night is fantastic. Good people. I have eaten lots of crawfish bisque and had lots of schooners of beer to wash it down. Food has always been good. Really really family friendly. They sit, eat, talk and have fun for hours over a meal. Get to go again this week.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Live band. Full house. Seafood as always was fresh cooked perfect. This is a must visit when in the area. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I have been going to Hymel's since I was a kid. We were there on Father's Day and they were busy. The service left a lot to be desired. The waitress took drink and appetizer orders for my mom, dad, brother, and niece before we arrived. We ordered drinks as soon as we got there. The drinks came out one or two at a time. My mom received her gumbo after the rest of us.

The fried oysters were good. The fried shrimp just ok. The crawfish bisque was not good at all.

Hopefully, this was just because they were so busy.

Hymel's has been a part of our community for many years. Its nothing fancy with its paper table cloths but that is all part of its charm.

It really is a great little hole in the wall.

1  Thank 2ays2011