All reviews front desk close to the airport plane note tv
Reviewed 4 September 2015

My friend & I flew from Vancouver to Sandspit to begin a tour of Haida Gwaii. We were being picked up the next morning in Sandspit so decided to stay here. The room was clean and comfy. We had dinner here my pasta was loaded with seafood and the Caesar salad was tasty.

Room tip: We were on the second floor so it was quiet and had a bit of a view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Syl D
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Simple, dated, but clean and comfortable rooms, with good bathrooms. Ideal location for flights or if you are joining a trip into Gwaii Haanas. Only downside we found was the rooms were VERY dark - 2 or 3 more lamps are needed. Dinner was excellent - simple, but great fresh ingredients nicely prepared. People rave about the fish and chips, but we opted for grilled halibut. There is a communal kitchen for making breakfast, with your own ingredients. Front desk was a little erratic but the cook helped out.

Room tip: Downstairs convenient but some noise from upstairs. Not much going on the bar but on karaoke nights you might want a room at the far end
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Needed a place to stay before an am flight. Bare bones, but clean and perfectly adequate for a good night's sleep. Minimal contact with the owner. You pay when you arrive and drop the key in a box when you leave. The attached restaurant and bar had great fish and chips!

Reviewed 8 August 2015

The hotel itself is in a prime location so you can easily walk there in about three minutes from the airport. You are greeted by a sign and a phone number for registration. That lady was very quick in coming after called and we were checked in promptly. My problem was the house-cleaning service...after the first night, my towels were replaced but my bed was left unmade and after the second night my bed was not only unmade but I was given fresh towels. The restaurant was tasty but had too much deep-fried items but we shared a very large salad which was very, very good. The breakfast the next morning...was a jewel...service was non-existent and a meal that should have taken ten minutes to prepare took almost a full hour...the worst part was I couldn't charge it to our room and the bill took too long to settle, meaning we missed our ferry to Skidegate by about three minutes...was not impressed. However..and this was big...we went on a hike on the morning of our last day and were allowed to keep our room so we could shower up for our flight home..the keepers of the hotel are super nice and easy-going...that helped a lot. If we ever go back, we will land in Masset and stay on that part to avoid the fifty dollar plus ferry toll for us and the car.

Room tip: All the rooms are basic and equal...one is probably no better than the other
Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 4 August 2015

This is a clean, safe little Inn which is about a one minute walk from the airport. The furnishings are not new but certainly adequate. If you want a place to stay before heading out to fish, kayak or sight see on a boat this place is fine. There is a bar where the food is quite adequate. This is nothing fancy so if you are expecting a 5 star hotel you will not find it in Sandspit. As I said it is clean, safe, and I'd stay there again if going to Sandspit.

Room tip: Ask for 1st floor if you have a lot of luggage as there is no elevator.
Date of stay: July 2015