La Quinta Inn Bossier City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MainStay Suites(Bossier City)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanquiet areacontinental breakfastan older propertyyogurtwater pressureeasy accesspetsfreewayrateslouisiana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My family and I stayed here for one night while visiting some family. We were suppose to stay two nights, but after the first night we packed up and left for another hotel.

We chose this hotel for two reasons: First, it got fairly good reviews from tripadvisor. Two, it was reasonable. Since we were only using it to sleep, we thought, "What the heck. It's worth a try." WRONG! The rooms were actually fairly clean, but small and depressing. It appears that they have recently renovated because everything appeared on the newer side, but there was completely no warmth to the room. It felt like being locked in a psychiatric ward of a hospital. My husband has worst feelings about the place than I. I may have been willing to stay another night, but when he went out to get coffee in the morning and saw five police cars with their lights on in the parking lot, that was the last straw. We were out of there. We ended up going to the Quality Inn the next exit up which was MUCH better. On the plus side, it appears that the owners have tried hard to make the facility as nice as possible. The pool appeared clean and well maintained. It's just a shame that it's not as nice as it could be. We've found this to the be the case with this chain of hotels.

Like a previous person stated, this hotel is used by construction workers. The parking lot was filled up with their trucks/vans. We hardly found room for our car.

If you're looking for a very cheap place to sleep and are too tired to notice your surroundings, then this is the place for you. I suppose you could find worse, but there are a lot that are better - even those in the same price range.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I have spent over 600 nights in hotels over the last 30 years. This one would be on the bottom. Stayed in this one for one night and moved.
filthy--Hotel used by construction workers who sleep 4 to a room because they are on per diem and can split it.
Old and run down-This is an old motel with outside rooms. Has been painted over too times to mention. Sheets so thin you can see through them. Carpet matted from construction workers, --outside cooking on grills.
Bedbugs-Found bedbugs on sheet. However, they were dead. Bedspread was worn and thin.
Cheap-$69
I would have left that night but did not have another place. This place was trashy. I wouldn't let the sheets touch my face
Front desk-They acted ok. Don't have any complaint there
Breakfast-free breakfast but I left as early as I could.

Room Tip: Its cheap if that is what you want
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past; up to now all had been relatively pleasant experiences.
On arrival this trip, the desk clerk was "snippy" to say the least. The tele was operational when we checked in when we returned from dinner it was non-operation, I call the desk and was told it would be a "few minutes" but they would send a replacement. At 7:30 am we are still waiting.
Despite having a moderated mobility handicap, we were assigned a room in the geographic center of the wing. Four doors from the breeze-ways in either direction.
LQ as a chain has done a wonderful job of improving its image lately and then there is LQ on Preston Dr., Bossier City, LA.
I shall not return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2011

The room along with the bathroom was very clean. The bedding was all white and clean and slept very well. The air in the room was odor free. The breakfast was nice and we were able to make our own waffles. The room service was excellent and I will be staying again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We traveled in for one night and stayed all night with our grandchild. Upon checking in, the hotel had an "unclean" smell, almost worse than a smoking room but they assured me it was non-smoking. We had little options as there was an event and fair in town that weekend and we didn't check in until late. My 6 year old grandchild got up about 5:30 am to use the restroom and came back waking me up that his lip was swollen. It was the worst thing I have ever seen as it was HUGE. I rushed him to the hospital to find out he had an alergic reaction to many bug bites! I called the hotel the next day to let them know what happened and they did NOTHING. They "noted" it. Wow, what kind of PR is that? I would never even stay in a LaQuinta again, let alone in this city.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family