All reviews island hopping food was great banana boat staff were friendly master suite large family beachfront view small children semi suite my son little bit for instance fish resort activities paradise meals
Reviewed 25 April 2018

My family and I stayed in Nabulao from the 4th-8th of April. We caught the Air Juan plane from Cebu to Sipalay to save some travel time only to be left waiting at the airport for our pick up was not properly coordinated by the resort staff when we made our booking. They were sincerely apologetic for what had happened, and during our stay, we noticed that proper coordination and communication were something the resort needed to look into. Apparently, the management is working on a new system to address these issues, along with improving the WiFi connectivity for it's mostly working in the public area within the resort.

Other than those, we had a great stay at the resort. We booked the spacious Calachuchi room which has a beachfront view & where we get to enjoy a little alfresco dining at the patio right outside the room. Another nice feature of this room beside the massive bathroom was the minimal noise you'd hear from outside as there were some events that had happened during our stay. It's a great space if you're after some peace & quiet. Though the room could also use a bit of freshening up as the sliding doors get quite squeaky for instance.

Nabulao prides itself on its picturesque landscape, beautiful sunset view, great customer service, amazing food, and relaxing spa. It's a totally different staycation experience that we found in Nabulao after having a full on Cebu and Bohol trip. We left refreshed, relaxed and with a few pounds gained from the sumptuous food.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Grace J
Nabulao B, Guest Relations Manager at Nabulao Beach and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Grace, Thank you for your kind review and for taking time to let us know of your experience when you stayed with us. Again we would like to say we are very sorry for the late pick up form the airport, this was not our usual standard of service and we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We also like to confirm that we are now working on improving the systems in the resort to ensure this does not happen again and we will continue to evolve and develop the systems until they are perfect, this of course goes hand in hand with staff training and development. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the facilities at our resort. we truly enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you and your family here again one day soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Hear my story. Nabulao is a classy beach resort tucked within a cove in Hinobaan.It is an ideal getaway for families who wanted the best of both worlds, serenity and adventure. We booked the cattleya room, the biggest that they can offer as we are a family of eight with the small children. When we arrived, we were instantly greeted with smiles. However, I noticed that they have given us the master suite 1. Having seen the room, I got confused and when I cleared things up I was told that they have booked our room with another guest and said it was an upgrade for us to have the new room. Thinking that they were only sugar coating the mistake they made, and my dad keeps reminding me of the welcome drink he wanted that front desk promised, which never showed up, I was really turned off and I told my wife I dont want our vacation to be put to waste, she said just put a bad review if they really can't do anything as we already paid for the room we wanted. We went to the front desk again and I asked them the room was not big enough and we wanted the one we booked and paid already. Staff said that there were problems on the online booking and things messed up so they can provide extra beddings for free. My wife insisted of giving us a better offer. After a few discussions, they gave us another room for two free of charge. Free breakfast was given as well. It turned out to be a delightful and lush experience for my family. Food was great and water sports activities give this resort an edge compared to their competitors. A little bit on the pricey side, be prepared to spend a few more to enjoy more. Overall, this resort prides itself for its activities and amenities but what makes it great is the hospitality abd courtesy its staff offers.

PROS:
1. Beautiful landscaping, well maintained facilities, and a variety of water sport activities.
2. Staffs are courteous and hospitable.
3. Food were mostly great, some of them are subpar but pasta dishes were delightful, Halo halo is a must try as well.
4. Watersport activities. Island hopping- snorkeling, banana boat just to name a few.

CONS:
1. Internet sucks. Almost always disconnects. I am not bothered that much though as I always stroll the beach and enjoy the view in the hammock with my feet covered with sand and my kids smiling beside me. But my siblings being single were oblivious. Please improve this as we are in the digital age.
2. Food service can be more improved. As this resort restricts outside food and beverages, all guests order food in the restaurant and it takes time for it to arrive. It is a bit pricey, guests wanted quicker service and sufficient water serviced as well as the Philippine weather can dehydrate you and salty breeze can dry you out. Rooms have terraces as well so I don't see why guests cant have room service and eat at each room's terrace as it gives a homey feel to the place and lessen congestion at the restaurant.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ThatDoubleChinnedGuy
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely resort and staff! Owners were so kind and thoughtful. We visited from the states with our large family. The accommodations were wonderful,so relaxing. We will stay there, again!! Hopefully for longer!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank olesonangie
nabulaobeachresort, Public Relations Manager at Nabulao Beach and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

thank you so much for your kind review, we appreciate you taking time to tell people of your experience and are looking forward to seeing you here again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We just had our company outing in this resort and there were more than 80 of us. The place was nice, the rooms were spacious and great, the pressure of the water in the shower was strong, the buildings were well-kept but did not crowd out the open spaces and the place was generally peaceful, quiet, clean and well-maintained. The staff was efficient and the best of all, the food was great. The only thing that was slow was the wifi. Except for that, the resort was perfect and it made our stay a great experience and we look forward to booking our company outing in this place again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review, we really appreciate you taking time to tell us of your experience with us. it was a pleasure to have you and your group at the resort and we welcome you to return again and again.

With regards to the internet this is something we are continually working to improve and develop. we are currently working closely with Globe to be able to provide the best service we can in our location.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We booked for 2 days on arrival and added a extra night big mistake , although the staff were friendly hard working up to 16 hrs a day which the staff confirmed it was poorly organized particularly the restaurant.
The senior manager inso I believe was his name appeared very arrogant only interested in a party of his guests with disco loud music late into the night .we arranged for family and friends who come from a poor village for a once in year day out which they looked so forward to ! They were so happy playing in the pool it was a pleasure to see there faces until management told them they had to leave as they didn't have the right swimming attire on they looked so humiliated being asked to leave . Plus the sea is cloudy smelling of fish fertiliser. Avoid

Date of stay: March 2018
nabulaobeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at Nabulao Beach and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate for you taking the time to let us know of your experience. We sincerely apologize that you didn't find your stay with us satisfactory, however, we would like to address the points you raised.

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the music. The weekend you were here, there was a private function and the music was louder than it would normally have been, for this, we are sorry if it effected your stay.

With regards to the hours, our staff are employed to work, no member of staff works for 16 hours a day. Our staff have a set schedule of work all within government guidelines and within health and safety standards.

As a resort, we have set of standards with regards to our facilities and services. It was never our intention to make the kids you were with to feel uncomfortable nor humiliated. However, as part of our rules and regulations, we state that any client using the swimming pool must be wearing the correct swimming attire. We cannot allow customers to wear day clothes into the swimming pool for safety reasons and for the customers own well-being.

Regarding the condition of our beach area, our resort is situated in a shallow bay of golden sand. The water in the bay may appear cloudy but this is in fact due to the shallow water and the color of the sand underneath. As the bay gets deeper, the water becomes clearer and opens up to some amazing coral reefs and marine life. So although this gives the water a cloudy color, it is in fact clean and safe for children to swim in due to how shallow it is. There are no fish farms in the bay and therefore no fish fertilizer in the area.

We trust these answers the points you have raised, should you have any other concerns we would be more than happy to discuss them with you and welcome you to contact us at the resort via phone or email.

Kind regards