Review Highlights
Like stepping back in time

This was an interesting stop on our drive through the area. The gentleman who runs the shop was... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2020
willwork4vacation
Middletown, Kentucky
A look at Lincoln's heritage

It was a neat little area with information about the Lincoln family. There is a few original... read more

Reviewed 21 June 2020
Dewayne P
Elizabethtown, Kentucky

All reviews covered bridge love history nancy heritage information shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2009

In traveling the Lincoln Heritage Trail in Kentucky, I visited the Lincoln Homestead park just a few minutes outside of Springfield. The park was easy and quick to get to from town, and has a really pretty setting with a golf course - I’d love to go back another time and golf on the golf course! The whole setting was really pretty and I was impressed when I first drove up.

After being a little confused by the signage telling me to go to the gift shop to get walking tour tickets and then realizing the sign was on the gift shop – I was on my way.

I really liked this site… it was surrounded by split-rail fencing and of course the golf course. One of my favorite things about this site was the fact that you can go in the cabins, and walk around! I felt like I could interact with the buildings more than you usually can and after walking around and looking at so many things it was cool to really go inside and get an idea of what it’s actually like in these buildings. There were two log buildings I could go in – one of which was really big with additions out to the rear and even an upstairs I could go up to. It felt a tad bit dangerous up there, but it was fun to go up. They even had a bed upstairs that Nancy Hanks, Lincoln’s mother, slept in and a broadax belonging to the Lincoln family used in splitting logs, maybe the for family’s log homes. Easy to miss, there is a third log building over an awesome covered bridge – sort of underneath one of the golf tee areas. This building is an old blacksmiths shop full of tools and other blacksmith’s items.

I really enjoyed this park and would definitely visit it again – but next time I would bring my golf clubs!

1  Thank ampd333