“Great view”
other travellers have booked this property
Big Rock Log Cabin
Enjoy a Cozy Fire in the Great Room At Big Rock Log Cabin. Master Bedroom At Big Rock Log Cabin Features Pillow Top Queen Bed.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Big Rock Log Cabin
Enjoy a Cozy Fire in the Great Room At Big Rock Log Cabin.
Master Bedroom At Big Rock Log Cabin Features Pillow Top Queen Bed.
Main Bathroom at Big Rock Log Cabin With Shower/Bathtub, All Linens Are Provided.
Kitchen at Big Rock
Kitchen At Big Rock Log Cabin With Refrigerator, Stove and Dishwasher, Fully Equipped.
Big Rock Log Cabin Decorated For Christmas!
Loft At Big Rock Log Cabin has 2 Queen Beds.
The Loft At Big Rock Log Cabin Is Furnished With Jacuzzi, Sink And Toilet Closet.
Front Porch At Big Rock Log Cabin, With Cricket.
Side door of Big Rock
The Cliff Line and Rock Shelter 100 Feet Out The Side Door Of Big Rock Log Cabin.
Rock Shelter During Winter At Big Rock Log Cabin.
Clifty Wilderness At Big Rock Log Cabin
Camp fire in the Rock Shelter 100 feet out the side door.
Enjoy A Unique Experience With A Camp Fire In Big Rock Log Cabin's Own Rock Shelter.
Big Rock Property
Iron furnace in the local area
Water fall in Red River Gorge
Sky Bridge in Red River Gorge
Owners: John & Anne
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Darryl A
“Great view”
Reviewed 28 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We loved sitting near the cliff enjoying an evening fire which was dry in spite of the rain. The folk art through out the interior was great. It was interesting moving around the cabin exploring it all. Overall it was a relaxing, rainy weekend with our dogs.

7 Mar 2018
Sorry about the rain, we have had a lot of that this year. Glad you were able to still enjoy Big Rock and the fire pit in the rock shelter. Hope your next visit to Red River Gorge is bright and sunny. John
Reviewed 21 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

7 Mar 2018
I call Big Rock my sanity retreat. It took 7 years to get it right and now all I or my guest have to do is walk through the door and leave everything behind. I am so glad you experienced the magic of Big Rock and hope you will visit us again. John
Shirley R
“It was the perfect place to enjoy your surroundings--peace, quiet, nature!!”
Reviewed 27 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

It was secluded enough that you could enjoy the peace and quiet, but close enough to local sites--Natural Bridge and Red River Gorge to get there easily. The four of us absolutely loved it. We sat out at the fire circle the two nights we were there. It rained the second night but the rock ledge protected us from the rain so we just sat there and talked and enjoyed the fire. I would love to come back. We cooked out both nights. You had everything there that we needed. My sister said she would use this cabin as a standard to measure other places by--she called it a "little bit of heaven". Thank you so much for letting us stay there!
Yes I would recommend it to a friend. If I stayed there all week I might need a washer and dryer though. The only thing we had trouble with was seeing the sign at the end of the lane saying something about Rocky Hollow Resort--mostly covered by tree limbs which made it hard to see.

7 Mar 2018
Sorry about not responding sooner, somehow your kind comments escaped me. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you and your sister will find the time to visit again, hopefully without the rain. We do have a washer/dryer in the utility room, all a guest needs to do is ask that the door be unlocked. And thanks for the heads up on the sign, I didn't realize it had gotten grown up. Next time out I'll do some weeding. Hope you'll visit again, John
Reviewed 10 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

12 Sep 2017
Glad you enjoyed your stay at Big Rock Log Cabin. We hope you will come again. John
Ervin P
“Big rock cabin great vacation”
Reviewed 23 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My sister and I came from new York to witness the total solar eclipse. Big rock log cabin did not disappoint. We used it as our home base, Adding many side excursions . It was our favorite place to rest our bodies and souls.

27 Aug 2017
It was great to have you at Big Rock and hope you will come back to Red River Gorge and Natural Bridge State Park. They are truly wonders of Nature. I call them Kentucky's best kept secret.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing