All reviewsfront deskpolice stationroom was cleanindoor poolgreat pricestaff was friendlywould stay here againbagelsfridge and microwavethe breakfast areacontinental breakfastoff the highwayeasy accesspetdogwilliemotel
Reviewed 2 February 2015

So, we always stop at roadside hotels when we are on our road trips. Usually, we just pull up websites as we are getting tired, and there are two things we look for: 1) pictures look clean (no old, yucky comforters) and 2) they have those fresh waffle makers. This trip, I decided I would plan ahead. I decided that we were going to stop near Richmond. The photos of the hotel looked clean, but it was a partial farce because Red Roof Inn uses stock photos for all their hotels now. I called to find out if they had the waffles, and I was told yes. So, I booked it. When we arrived, I found out that the photos on the site were stock, and THERE WERE NO WAFFLES! The non-smoking rooms smelled like smoke.

That being said, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2015
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2015

I am very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I am sorry about the misunderstanding about the waffles, we do not have a waffle maker but we do have waffles. I have spoken with my staff about being more specific about explaining our breakfast options. Thank you for taking the time to write this review so we can better accommodate you and our future guests.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

At first my wife was a little unsure if a spa tub next to the king size bed was a good idea. Once we got the tub full, got in and turned on the jets, ALL nervousness went away. The privacy of having the tub in your own private room, turned out to be amazing! The hotel is located next to the interstate but is a little drive from exit 90. Not a lot of options for dining & shopping at the hotel exit, however, 3 miles to the south at exit 87, ALL the options one could hope for. The hotel is located behind a Richmond, Ky police station, so safety probably not a concern

Room Tip: King Size Room with Spa Tub
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2015

I am pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed the Jacuzzi spa room. We hope to see you on your future travels. Thank you so much for choosing us for your lodging needs while in the Richmond KY area. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

Really nice room. Clean and up-to-date furnishings throughout. Professional check in staff... totally impressed for this budget price hotel! This was a good find and wouldn't hesitate staying at this Red Roof again.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank peggy c
REDROOF551, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2015

Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs while in the Richmond, KY area. We love hearing our guest's comments and feedback. Thank you for the taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

We typically stay in 2-star motels on our travels, with a target price of $50/night. Some are pretty bad, others like this one are on the nicer end of the spectrum. (It is a 2.5 star at a 2- star price.) It has queens instead of doubles, which is a big plus for us. The room was clean and had upgraded amenities (flat screen tv, 3 pillows on each bed, fridge, and Pantene shampoo in the shower). There were only 2 bath towels in the room but we were offered more at check-in. The free breakfast was not impressive, but it was ok. The carpet in the stairwell was very stained/worn, but in the room itself was not bad. Our non-smoking room was just that (no bad smells). The temperature was good, the bed was fairly comfortable, and the room was quiet. The hotel has interior room entrance, lots of parking, and free WiFi that worked. It is just off the highway, albeit a little tricky to get to. We were not traveling with our dog this time, but it is pet- friendly and even had biscuits for their 4- legged guests. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in this area.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Thank you for the kinds words you wrote about our Red Roof Inn. We are happy to hear that was stay was great. We always like hearing about our guest stays. We hope to see you in the future and are very grateful that you stopped by!

Thank-You,

Reviewed 16 December 2014

So last minute we decide driving through the night is going to be a bad plan. We hop on tripadvisor.com to see what's available. Against my better judgement we decide to stop at the local RRI. Rates are decent, and it was rated #2! How could we go wrong? Ugh. First of all, the front desk clerk... Well...we've all had s bad night right? At least that was what I told myself. Not only was her attire dirty, she had crazy I just rolled out of bed hair . I'm pretty sure she was coming off a bad hangover, or possibly didn't even work there and was filling in for a friend, judging from the lack of nametag or uniform. Either way, she was nice enough. But then, we got our room. The "deluxe suite". We are not fancy, but it was a $5 upgrade, and the extra room sounded nice with three kids. Wrong. Apparently the deluxe stood for the dog poop and dead bugs we found residing in the suite part of the room. Also there was a lovely animal urine spot on the middle of one bed. This was after our keys did not work and the front desk person had to " let us in". I should probably take a second here to mention the horrible Cat urine smell coming from the room, but that seems almost redundant at this point. Needless to say we asked to be moved rooms. Honestly we should have just packed up and left, but it was almost midnight, our youngest was asleep in her pack and play that we had to go through great length to unpack after discovering that the one and only pack and play that the hotel offered was broken. We proceeded to move rooms. Upon inspection we decided to confine the kids to beds only, as the large dead bugs residing in THIS "deluxe suite" seemed less than desirable playmates. Upside? Shockingly no bed bugs, and the sheets smelled clean. The comforter on the other hand... Well let's just say we turned up the heat. Finally, the breakfast. We literally got up, threw clothes on and left our room. Feeling somewhat like a bad one night stand. Upon inspection of the free breakfast we discovered our daughters yogurt was 10 days expired. It was time to leave with our heads hung in shame. Never again RRI, NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin S
REDROOF551, Manager at Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2014

I am so sorry your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I can assure that corrective measures have been taken to ensure that this will never happen again! Please let us make it up to you, please call the hotel and ask to speak with myself. Again, I am so sorry your stay was unpleasant.