“Accidental find!”

Kentucky Music Hall of Fame
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I was going down the highway when I saw a sign for the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame-and decided to take a quick look. It's only a minute off the the highway. I wasn't expecting much,but had the time. Well I'm so glad I did. It was wonderful. It is very well planned and full of the most awesome history of music and musicians from Kentucky. Wonderful photographs and clothes the stars wore,and old memorabilia .Lots of instrument. a room were you can play! an interactive country band which you can manipulate. And they have live music out front(specific times). Also two beautiful vintage autos. I would heartily recommend !

2  Thank seeker87
"interstate"
"info"
"cabin"

Reviewed 10 April 2017

My parents would have loved to visit this museum, and would have been able to name every person honored. They visited Renfro Valley several times on their vacations. I remember listening to the music as a child with my parents, but I grew up with Rock and Roll..

2  Thank 387indy
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed this small museum. It was well organized with a variety of films and displays. I learned a lot about the many musicians with Kentucky roots.

1  Thank cheryl24x7
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Stopped here mainly for my wife, who "was country when country wasn't cool." If you remember that song you will definitely enjoy this place, although even younger kids will probably enjoy the old costumes and especially one exhibit where you can create a tune by using your feet. We had seen at least one of the gowns there before- we caught the Judds farewell tour and the dress Naomi wore was on display. It is not the Country Music Hall of Fame (Nashville) but it does a good job of explaining the development of country and bluegrass music in Kentucky. I would have liked to have seen more personal effects from the stars, but they have done ok considering they are a smaller regional museum and have to compete with the national hall as well as the stars' own sites, like Loretta Lynn's Butcher Holler and Hurricane Mills. Plenty of parking, accessible, and the gift shop and rest rooms are free. Senior discount but not AAA. As a bonus, your hall of fame admission ticket also gets you in free to the Bittersweet Cabin Village on the Renfro Entertainment Center grounds.

2  Thank Paul S
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2016

What a wonderful place to visit and to learn about the music of Kentucky. It is well laid out and gives visitors an overview of musicians, songs, instruments and "trail" of periods throughout the years. The artifacts are wonderful and the written explanations of instrument, artists, and ways different periods of Kentucky's history ( e.g., wars, depression, occupations, etc.) affected music added to the "tour." This is a really great venue to learn as well as experience this part of history.

1  Thank fivekatzmama