All reviews elk creek bought a groupon estate rooms great getaway sporting clays shooting range next morning alarm clock bed was very comfortable different wines clay pigeon shooting winery vicki noise privacy refrigerator
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Beautiful peaceful serene place. Stayed in one of the estate rooms which is in another building from the main house/lodge. I recommend the Estste rooms. Private hotel type rooms. They have 700 acres. The winery & lodge are beautiful. The only things I would recommend are to have microwaves in the estate rooms & to have coffee bags & tea bags always available for replenishing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri B
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

A group of girlfriends and I stayed at the Elk Creek Inn for a quick getaway. What a fantastic experience! Darby in the lodging office was very helpful. The Inn was a beautiful well-appointed home with lovely views, fully-equipped kitchen, comfortable sleeping quarters. The wine tasting was fun and our dinner at the café was delicious. We all enjoyed different sandwiches.... no one left disappointed or hungry! Breakfast the next morning in the beautiful Lodge was nice as well. A peaceful quiet place to stay during the week, highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CTkacz67
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I never really relaxed much when we visited here because I was constantly thinking of little ways that this place could really be turned into a fabulous overnight destination. When we arrived there are four elk creek signs on the roadway but none indicate where to check in. We went to the winery drive and when I went in I was told to go back one drive and enter where the sign advertises their hunt/sporting clay facility. While in the winery I asked the young guy what time they would be serving dinner at the cafe. He said he wasn't sure since there was also a private event. So I asked another woman and got the same reply. Drove to the lodge and checked in and asked the woman at the desk if she knew the hours for the cafe. She wasn't sure. I finally said is there a way you can find out so we know. She called and said it would only be the cafe limited menu until 7. No dinner features because of a party. When I booked our stay I was told the cafe was on summer hours serving dinners and open until 8. There is no other place even close to eat so it would be nice if they'd the least offered one entree an evening. Food was ok but nothing special.

We had An estate room which was maybe 25 feet from the road. Not really noisy but definitely not scenic. Why the building was positioned east west with only one side having a nice view is beyond me. If it had faced north south every room would have had one. This is geared toward couples but the estate rooms only have queens even thought they are plenty big enough for kings. There are two rockers out front but only one comfortable chair in the room. And you cannot see the tv from where it is placed. If you'd like to watch something, you both have to sit in bed. Three pictures on the wall are wine related but two are the same picture. Really?

In the morning we got up early enough to walk the sporting clay course before it opened. There is truly nothing to do here other than the winery. There is a potential for hiking paths, paddle boats of kayaks on their small lakes, maybe offer cooking classes.

When you reserve the employees should offer the winery tour, ask if you'd like to reserve a time, let you know the correct dining option and hours, suggest you make a reservation, offer to reserve time to try sporting clays. (We had planned to stop and ask about trying it but it was closed for a private event) But there is literally no cross selling. It's pretty clear the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing.
It is on a beautiful ridge but truly not a great getaway. I really hope someone with a hospitality background can come in and take this place up a couple notches to what it could be. Sad to see so much potential wasted.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank secondchances13
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

We visited this because of a Groupon deal so we had to visit during the week.

Lodge:
The room was very nice and had a great view to the property as well as a walk-out deck. The worst part was the noise. They mention on their site that the Lodge is a log cabin and it does allow noise to travel but this is an understatement. We were on the main floor right next to the office and front door. Anytime someone walked past we thought they were coming into our room. We could literally hear all conversations from the rooms above and below us. I woke up several times in the night thinking someone was in our room due to the creaking of the floors and I'm a pretty hard sleeper. Unfortunately, the bed was not very comfortable, nor did the tv work. We could get audio but no video for 99% of the channels. If we choose to visit again, we would not be staying in the Lodge due to the noise.

Winery:
The winery was nice and was not very busy. The winery closed at 6 during the week which seemed very early, so plan on eating early. We were told there were a handful of restaurants nearby but the only thing we saw was a McDonalds. The food at the winery was good so I'll give them that. The tour was short but pretty nice. We visited in the "off-season" so there wasn't really any activity going on. After the tour was over we were offered a tasting where we could each try 5 different wines. What I tried was pretty good and we ended up purchasing a couple of bottles to take home.

Pros:
Nice property
Very Large room
Friendly staff
Good wine
Good deal through Groupon

Cons:
Noisiest property I've ever stayed in (you are at the mercy of the other guests)
Poor signage - had to guess or ask where we were supposed to go often
Amenities - TV did not work, windows across from shower and toilet had no curtains, hairdryer was equivalent of someone blowing on your hair
Nothing around - restaurants, things to do, etc. (be prepared to bring whatever you need in terms of food/drink as there is nothing close)
Did I mention the noise? As this is being typed in our room, I can hear a guy below us cussing while playing pool.

Note: The Lodge butts up to a clay pigeon shooting range. This didn't bother us but if you do not like gunfire, you may want to choose another location.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig K
Vicki F, Manager at Elk Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

We’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

The rooms were very nice, and the showers are very roomy. Although there are no microwaves at the estate rooms, it's not really necessary. Beautiful view to wake up to! The rooms are very quiet. It's possible to walk to the winery (or back if you have had one or two too many to drink, but the walk is further than most would like. Children are welcome, but to be honest there isn't a whole lot for kids to do here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple