“Yummy chili!”

Lic's Deli and Ice Cream
Ranked #8 of 10 Dessert in Owensboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 February 2016

I believe this was only my 2nd visit to Lic's but after this visit I want to go back!! The chili was so good. Wish I could make it like this at home. It wasn't really meaty but great taste. Also, had a chicken salad sandwich - it was pretty good too. Can't wait to go back and try some of the ice cream!

Reviewed 2 June 2015

I don't know why, but I only think about Lic's when I'm passing by it. I forget about it. Thats not because its not good, maybe its because I'm not usually out on the west side of town. I'm not sure. Anyway. Lic's. Lic's is pretty good.

I've been coming to Lic's for a long as I can remember. Lic's is a local deli & ice cream shop chain, this being the only one in Owensboro. You can dine in or use the drive thru. Hot sandwiches or cold ice cream. Pick your poison, or both like I do.

I used to order the gourmet sub sandwich. Its a sub that has a bunch of different meats, cheese & some kind of oily sauce thats poured on. The sauce can make the sub soggy after a little, so it's best to eat it soon after you get it. My new go to order is the spicy chicken quesadilla. I like spicy & THIS is pretty spicy. It's full of cheese & chicken, along with some kind of hot sauce. It's really good & served with regular, potato chips.

Now, the important part, DESSERT. My fav is the lic's chip ice cream cookie sandwich. I get the vanilla ice cream that is sandwiched between two white chocolate macadamia cookies. They are huge & a meal in itself. They also have different types of ice cream that you can get in a dish, cone, or shake.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I was told this was a staple in the area so I was delighted to try it. There was really nothing extraordinary other than my daughter's sorbet. The place was relatively empty, & the staff was not very friendly. I can't give it five stars or even four simply because it is not a place to go out of your way for. However, if you are driving by and feel like ice cream, it's as good as any.