“So much flavor!”

Price range: US$0 - US$6
Description: Fast Casual Cajun Creole
Description: Fast Casual Cajun Creole
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Simple restaurant, not fancy, but the flavors coming out of that kitchen. Wow. If you’ve never been, they’ll let you sample everything. Menu is basic but they have all the dishes you could want. You can carry out but maybe ask for your rice to be separated from the main, that way it won’t soak up all the good liquid. Just go.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Decided to try Gumbo Ya Ya for lunch and am certainly glad I did. Went with the gumbo served over rice.

The flavors were on point! Shrimp, shredded chicken, and sausage were plentiful in the dish. Put some of the garlic hot sauce on the side and that too was awesome. The dish comes up with garlic bread on the side as well. Well worth the money and extremely filling.

Certainly the best Cajun food in Lexington and a reminder of how they do it in New Orleans.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Since I do get to New Orleans on business a few times a year and enjoy great gumbo, I happened across Gumbo Ya Ya in a strip mall in Kentucky. Is stopped for a quick lunch and was not disappointed. It was great gumbo and reminded me of New Orleans style & taste. I will hit this place again in my future travels. I was the first one in when the opened and they had a nice crowd within minutes of opening, so that's always a great sign of a popular place.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Have to admit this is the best Cajun food I have found around yet and the prices are very reasonable and the bread pudding was great but I should have gotten it hot but that's not their fault cause I ordered it cold but still some of best I have eaten in a long time

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We went here with daughter as they had been here before.
I had large plate split between shrimp etouffe and red beans and sausage.
Both were excellent but there could have been more sausage in the dish.
My wife found the shrimp etouffe too spicy for her taste.
Also found that samples are available before ordering and large plates can be split between 2 styles.
Pasta can also be substituted for the rice.
Service was fast as everything is prepared beforehand and served when ordered. Almost as good as NOLA but was missing something maybe the shrimp was not as fresh.
Will go back again when in town