All reviewsfront deskpancakesnice stafffitness roomindoor poolthe air conditioningshower curtainseveral yearsthe breakfast areabeds were comfortablefirst choiceexcellent stayin towngreat pricefree breakfastnon smokinghie
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Check in was ok. Friendly staff.
Of course after a long drive, you know what the first thing to do, latrine duty. But, this turned out to be more duty than I had anticipated. The toilet seat was wet and I was not sure what it was (cleaning solution, water or worse), so I had to clean/dry the toilet first. Just because it is wet does not mean it is clean. Not a real big deal unless your in a hurry.
Internet speed was sufficient for what I needed (VPN and email).
Plenty of parking, and several restaurants nearby. Bed was firm, just they way I like it. A/C worked extremely well.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Bradley D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel!
I am sorry you did not have the wonderful stay that we want all our guests to have. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will definitely be discussing this at our morning housekeeping meeting today.
Otherwise, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I absolutely love staying at this hotel. I come to visit my grandkids 4 times a year & everytime I stay at this hotel. The kids stay over with me & the pool is definitely a hit....as well as the breakfast. My 4 year old feels like a big girl making her own pancakes! Staff is always friendly & go out of there way to make you feel at home.

Stayed: May 2018
Bradley D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon!
We enjoy making our own pancakes too!!
Thank you!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Stayed there recently for a wedding, actually my second time staying at the HI, very nice staff, from front desk to the cleaning staff. Clean rooms, decent continental breakfast. Ended up finding a better rate on the internet a few days before the wedding and hotel homered that rate for not only myself but everyone in town for wedding

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Bradley D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel!
We are so glad your party was happy and had great stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Thank you!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed here last weekend for a friends wedding. I was not sure what to expect because Holiday Inn's can be hit or miss. This one was a hit!. For the price we paid we were very happy.
The rooms were well appointed and very clean. The bed was comfortable, free WiFi, free cable, free breakfast. The front desk staff was so nice and gave us dining recommendations. I also like that it is non smoking and that they have "quite time" from 10pm-6am.
They have an indoor pool but it was hot last weekend so the pool area was very warm and humid, we did not use it, but it was nice to have the option. The gym was nothing special but we did not have time to use it anyway.
The breakfast was great. Fresh hot biscuits, pancakes, eggs, yougart and lots of juices.
We will stay here again next time we are visiting our friends in Nicoholasville.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Bradley D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon!
It is always nice to get compliments on our staff and hotel.
We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Bradley Day
General Manger

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Y'all. Only half the ice machines work. The fitness center is only accessible through the sauna (AKA the incorrectly ventilated pool area) and although the signs say there are free earbuds for use in the fitness center, I never saw them. Every five minutes you are reminded you will be kicked out and fined (after being kicked out no less) if you say something after ten pm. Staying here with children was terrifying. I expected to be asked to leave every moment I was awake which was most moments because the beds are so hard you can't sleep. There's a Comfort Inn in Nicholasville. I've never stayed there, but I'll try it or the Walmart parking lot before I stay at this place again. PS: Breakfast didn't suck too bad but it took them fifteen minutes to get the pancake machine working. Did I mention only every other ice machine worked and they tried to kick everyone out who breathed after 10?

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family