“fun place, good food nice servers”

Darlin Jean's Apple Cobbler Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Midway
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stopped here for lunch on a recent trip driving around Lexington. It was a cute place, we were lucky that it was nice enough to sit outside and eat. Had burgers which were cooked well and served promptly. This is not a fancy place to eat but the staff was friendly, the food was good and we had a great time. The blackberry cobbler was our favorite dessert.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank izzyq

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

My husband stopped at Darlin Jeans on our way home from Louisville. We love the homey atmosphere. This is a very laid back restaurant. I had a nice side salad and Granny's Grilled Cheese. The sandwich is made on thick slices of bread with cheeses, bacon, pimento and diced tomato. My husband enjoyed a BLT with generous helping of crisp bacon. We then had what they are known for their Cobbler. We chose blackberry with a big scoop of ice cream!
They offered also on our visit apple & cherry Cobbler. We had a very pleasant server and all in all very enjoyable experience!

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank Tonya E
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We visited on vacation. Slow service. Not enough wait staff.
Food was very good.
But if you are very hungry and don't want to wait. Choose somewhere else.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I have ate at Darlin Jean's several times before today and have always had exception service and great food. Today, however, I left the restaurant disappointed and hungry. Their pizza is usually my favorite of all the places in Midway. Today I was given a pizza, that did not have the toppings I asked for, that was under-cooked. My colleague received the same as well. Given that I like most toppings, I was okay with the mistake. What was not okay was that the pizza was under-cooked. One side was cooked more than the other and the entire bottom was soggy dough. After eating a piece I could not eat any more. Being on a lunch break schedule, I debated whether to ask for it to be cooked further or to just take home. My decision was made for me as our server in the bar area never returned until I asked the hostess if she was still around. The hostess was helpful at bringing boxes for the pizza and ordered me a house salad to go, which I was given for free (the $14 pizza I had to pay for). Meanwhile, our table continued to sit without refills for 15 minutes until we asked the hostess to bring our checks. Once our server returned, we received no apology or any recognition that anything had happened. I went back to work hungry and disappointed I hyped this places up to my colleagues. Maybe the secret is to avoid lunch at this place?

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Joseph R
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We'd been driving around a bit looking for someplace new. Midway is known for its great eateries, and Darlin' Jean's stood out. We were seated quickly and our waitress was right with us. She was attentive without being intrusive.

The menu is interesting with a great selection from entrees to sandwiches to pizza. There's also a full service bar. The owner/chef/chief bottle washer served our food which was hot and plentiful.

Great atmosphere in a vintage railroad building.

We plan on going again soon.

Date of visit: July 2017