All reviews on the job training cheap lunch room rates are very reasonable room was clean the hotel staff night's sleep southern hospitality wayside thermostat
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Great lunch for the price, just be prepared to be served by recovering addicts and homeless population.
A great way to help these people out and donate money to a great cause! Where else can you get a buffet (including vegetarian selections_ at under five dollars?

Stayed: May 2018
Nina M, COO at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed our buffet and hope you can come again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We had 25 family members at our reunion. The food was wonderful and you can't beat the price of the rooms. We all met in bar for country and western dancing on Broadway. We had a blast. I highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen T

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you here again!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I wrote a review after our first time to stay at the Hotel Louisville in 2013. A group of us have been coming back every year since then. It just keeps getting better.
Hotel Louisville is truly a hotel with a mission. Since 2009 it has been owned and operated by the Wayside Christian Mission, a not-for-profit organization that offers many programs to help people in transition. The hotel provides on the job training and transitional housing to clients in the program. The staff is very courteous and professional. The sleeping rooms and bathrooms are very large and clean. We had a special buffet breakfast for our group that included fresh fruit and yummy biscuits and gravy. There is not a bar onsite, but the coffee shop and restaurant serve very good food. I highly recommend the $5 buffet lunch. The fried chicken is great! You can also order off the menu - they make one of the best hamburgers I've ever eaten. Hotel Louisville is in a great location - walking distance to 4th Street Live!. The room rates are very reasonable and the rooms are clean and comfortable. This is a unique place - the traveler gets a great value and is giving back as well. It may not be for everyone, but we will continue to stay at Hotel Louisville every year!
P.S. If you like to dance, they have a great dance floor and different types of live music on Friday & Saturday night.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Nina M, Chief Operating Officer at Hotel Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for taking to time to review our Hotel. We appreciate your business and welcome you back anytime!
Nina Moseley

Reviewed 15 November 2017

My Medical Service Dog and I had stopped here for a bite to eat. We were greeted by a woman who immediately ran up and yelled no dogs allowed. I explained the dog's rights per the Americans With Disabilities Act and that she is permitted anywhere there is public access. They reluctantly permitted me and my dog inside. When we attempted to go up to the buffet lunch we were then affronted by a man who REFUSED my dog and I access, yelling "no dogs in the food area".

At that juncture my dog and I were exhausted from travelling and did not wish to argue. They finally agreed to *allow* my dog and I to sit in the back of the room and they stated they would bring us lunch (I was not permitted to choose from the buffet table), which they did. I do not appreciate the shoddy treatment by the hotel staff and will NEVER return here. The food was ok. The service was atrocious as they totally ignored us the entire time we were in there.

Both Commonwealth of Kentucky and US Federal laws were violated by this hotel. They are bad news and not a good place for anyone out of the stereotypical norm for this area. Avoid it like the plague.

Room Tip: Avoid this place like the plague.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Rosie M

Thank you for leaving feedback. This is the first we had heard of this incident, and we used your feedback to reinforce training with our workers.. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Louisville for Louder than Life concert, the room was pretty spacious and clean, had everything we needed for our stay, desk staff was fast and courteous. Would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you can return for Louder than Life next year!