All reviews expo center light sleeper full kitchen front desk door closed louisville airport nice kitchen convenient access kitchen area churchill downs fair grounds late at night internet service waffle maker great property home away from home spacious room
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I did not feel safe walking around the hotel or the parking lot at night. Several times, altercations broke out right outside the windows or in the hallways. The elevator in my building did not work properly. Two men walked up and down the first floor hallway and made inappropriate comments as my friends and I came and went through the hotel. Had I not been traveling in a group, I would not have stayed for our entire reservation.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Karli_Kerner
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for your review. I want to assure you that our hotel is very safe and I apologize if the group of professional electricians we had staying in the hotel seemed intimidating. We have employees on staff 24 hours a day and security at night and it is not typical for us to experience security-related problems. Unfortunately, none of the issues were reported, so we could not address them while you were here.
I apologize for the inconvenience with the elevator. We had a repairman out as soon as we saw the other review from your group and had it fixed immediately.
We appreciate you reporting these issues so that we could address them and make changes for our future travelers.
L.Manning

Reviewed 3 February 2018

This hotel is not at all worthy of its 4-star rating. It attracts a bad crowd. Many sketchy men who inconspicuously hang around the halls and door entrances in large groups; strange cars waiting in the parking lot with their lights on; lots of men coming and going who leer at any of the women here. I don't feel safe here.

Not to mention, rooms reek of smoke, yet they claim its a non-smoking hotel. Elevator is broken.

Room Tip: All rooms reek of smoke; old, dirty, gross. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Chelsea L
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for your review. I want to assure you that our hotel is very safe and I apologize if the group of professional electricians we had staying in the hotel seemed intimidating. We have employees on staff 24 hours a day and security at night and it is not typical for us to experience security-related problems. We are a non-smoking hotel, and we do try to remove any residual smoke smell after some guests break the rules. We were able to switch rooms for the other person in your group and after following up with her, she shared that her 2nd room was much better.
I apologize for the inconvenience with the elevator. We were unaware of any problem as it was not reported during your stay, but we had a repairman out as soon as we saw your review to get it fixed immediately.
We appreciate you reporting these issues so that we could get them fixed immediately for our future travelers.
L.Manning

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Standard top quality Residence Inn until 3:30 AM when the UPS fleet starts flying off from WorldHub across the Freeway on their morning air freight runs. Make sure to order a "white noise" album for your Fav Music App.
But, I'll be back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2017

The staff is helpful, rooms were clean. It's location is convenient, close to the airport and fairgrounds. Also close to U of L, so visiting families or student visits are very convenient. If you like to bowl, there is a bowling alley closeby as well. We come here for tournaments.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

By far one of the best Marriott’s! The staff was awesome to work with from the time we stepped through the door! Love the shuttle to the fair grounds. It was freezing and i was traveling with my nine year old daughter with a ton of dance gear. The drivers and staff always loaded everything and made sure everyone was happy.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business