All reviews rooftop bar front desk great hotel top floor within walking distance parking garage the shuttle driver fourth street live business trip louisville downtown i highly recommend this hotel self park convention center mercury ty haley valet
Reviewed 21 May 2018

The room was clean, the TV was above expectations, and the AC worked perfectly. The exceptional part of my hotel experience was the customer service.

Shortly after check-in, I received a text from Simone checking in on how the room was- this was a nice little touch that I responded to with just "Great!". The next day, they checked in again via text to see how I was doing. I let them know that I was checking out and they said that everything was taken care of.

The real benefit came when I forgot to get a receipt. I texted back to the same thread two days later, and Matt was able to take my email and send me a receipt within the hour. That was very convenient for reimbursement purposes, and having the text thread already available saved me from having to look up the hotel info and call in.

In all, I liked the low-touch experience of getting check-ins via text. And the ability to follow up was a game changer. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business who might need things to "just work" in a pinch, because the staff was responsive and very helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank forsythac
Simone L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Andrew F:

Thank you so very much for this review.
Our Goal is to make every stay better and brighter and I think we just did!
We believe in creating everlasting memories.

Please come back anytime !!!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Pros:

Excellent location for seeing shows at Mercury Ballroom or The Palace.
Staff was friendly .
Valet parking service was good.
Bathrooms were very nice .
The 8UP rooftop bar was pretty cool and not to overly priced.

Cons:

Room was not ready at check in time .
Was charged incorrect rate and had to have it fixed .
No linens for sofa sleeper in room .
One key card didn’t work and had to get a new one .
Have to use a key card for elevator use which was confusing and inconvenient.
No pool (offered passes to local YMCA lol )
Super small trash cans in room .
The “Cooked to order breakfast” that I paid extra for as part of the all inclusive package was terrible . The cooked to order part was the ability to order a limited number of omelets . Other than that is was a glorified continental breakfast . The regular coffee was out the milk and juice was warm the pastries were stale and the limited hot food was not hot. Do not pay extra for the breakfast not worth it all !

Overall very fair experience but the hotel was below average for the $200 a night suite price Was nice being next to Mercury Ballroom for the Parkway Drive concert . We had no problem with the walking distance to 4th st live and other attractions but may be a bit far for others . We did encounter a lot of bums begging for money walking back from 4th st that night .

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Simone L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear grossmike62:

So sorry we did not exceed your expectations.
Your comments have been heard and we will take them in consideration to improve guests experience.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

The staff was very friendly and efficient during our entire stay. We were very please with everything from the staff, food, cleanliness of room and location. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be at the center of things in Louisville, KY.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Simone L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Terry0818:

Thank you so much for the review. We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience with us.
We really appreciate the recommendations.

Please come back anytime!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Made our Derby experience great! Staff friendliest and most helpful. They went above and beyond their jobs. Valet found us a racing form when we couldnt. Drove us last minute for dinner when cab didn't show. Airport also. Could't' connect to internet. Receptionist came all the way up to our room. Gave us derby gifts. Just terrific experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Simone L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear mranieri51:

Thank you for this great review. Our team members are the Epitome of the Southern Hospitality and I am glad their passion for their work has been acknowledged one more time!

We will be looking forward to serving you again next year.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We had a great 4 nights in downtown Louisville. There were 6 of us there for Derby events and some whiskey tasting. The hotel is newer with very nice rooms and large bathrooms.The staff at the Hilton Garden were excellent, especially Haley who helped to make this a special time there. We'll definitely be returning.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Simone L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Tom:

We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Haley is a great asset to our team and we are very fortunate to have her.

Please come back anytime!!!