All reviews jason's deli bedroom suite great hotel full kitchen home away from home extended stay complimentary breakfast breakfast staff would highly recommend this hotel definitely stay here again outdoor pool living area up to date a great stay comfortable beds front desk clerk oatmeal
Reviewed 13 May 2018

We stopped in Louisville for two nights as my family and I were travelling around southern Indiana. The hotel was decent, but nothing special. Front desk staff was extremely nice! Suite was clean, and the room had modern appliances, decor, etc. The complimentary breakfast was average and the food at the evening "social" was underwhelming, but hey, it was free. Only one elevator out of the two worked during our stay so sometimes there was a long wait to get on when others had luggage or housekeeping had their carts. The biggest complaint was the sofa bed in the suite - one person in our party slept on it, and the mattress seemed much more thin than a typical sofa bed mattress. Add in all the bumps in the mattress, and it wasn't particularly comfortable to sleep on. Also, it was disappointing that the outdoor pool wasn't usable yet. I understand there's a pool "season" but it was in the 80s all week and we would have loved to use it. Overall, I'd probably stay here again. Only about 15 minutes to downtown Louisville but close to some good restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor! I sincerely apologize, as we strive to provide an excellent experience. Thank you for the kind words, and for the other areas of concern, it is certainly a coaching opportunity for myself. We will take your feedback and work diligently at changing it to a "WOW!" the next time you visit. I agree- I wish we could have more freedom to open the pool if weather permits, but unfortunately stipulation is Memorial Day to Labor Day. Again, thank you for sharing. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you better on your next trip.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay. It's close enough to the Expo center but yet far enough away to stay out of congestion. Breakfast was wonderful!! Staff is friendly. We love this place. This is the 2nd year in a row we have stayed here!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor! We're so glad you enjoyed your experience here. I'll be sure to pass along your kudos to the breakfast staff! Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again next year!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

This was the second time we stayed at this Homewood Suites. We were competing in the National Archery in the Schools Tournament and the hotel is extremely convenient to the location.

The room was very clean and and the temperature comfortable. The kitchen was very clean. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the microwave.

The bed was not to soft and not too hard. It was just right. Shower was hot and excellent water pressure. The only draw back is the bathroom needs some sort of night light or dimmer.

The lobby was very nice and clean. Front desk staff was very helpful and courteous.

The breakfast was good. The eggs were hot and the biscuits were soft. One of the better complementary breakfasts.

All in all it was an enjoyable experience and we hope to be back next year.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! We're so glad you enjoyed our service and accommodations. I hope your team performed well in the tournament! Thank you again, and we look forward to serving again, on your third time around!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

All of the staff there are very nice. Everyone at the front desk was extremely helpful and pleasant. Location is very convenient, lots of options for restaurants, shopping, etc nearby and not far from major highways. Lobby and breakfast area are modern, clean, and nicely decorated. Workout room is larger than normal. And they have a small room to meet privately in addition to the small office. We had a 1 BR Suite over Derby weekend and it was pleasantly spacious. It is a nice setup with the kitchenette (full size fridge, 2 burner stove, bar sink, and table with 2 chairs), tv in living area and bedroom.

Bedding was ok, there were 2 different pillow options and I was satisfied with pillows, but would have liked a heavier comforter. The comforter looked almost like a mattress pad. The bed was generally comfortable, but was a bit firm for me, would prefer a cushier mattress but that would not keep me from staying here again. Had trouble getting onto the internet on Friday morning. There is a dishwasher with detergent, but no dish soap - apparently too many morons were putting it in the dishwasher so they do not put it in the rooms anymore. The carpets in the hallways are a nice pattern and look in ok condition but there are a lot of stains. For me I was not happy with a coffee stain that was right in front of our room door. Just gives you a dirty feeling when you see this entering and exiting the room. I mentioned this to the front desk right after we arrived and was told it should be on a list to be cleaned but that a note would be made to take care of it. When we checked out after a 4 night stay, the stains were still there. For the most part the hotel looks clean, but I have a hard time understanding what could be so difficult about giving the hall carpets a clean, or at least cleaning up specific stains. Would have thought the hotel would be in prime shape for Derby, considering the increased prices.

Breakfast was mediocre. Each day they have some version of eggs, potatoes or grits, and sausage/bacon, or biscuits and sausage. Make your own waffle, toast, english muffins, and scones. Oatmeal with pecans, brown sugar, and raisins (the oatmeal was wet and lukewarm), yogurt, apples & over ripe bananas, and unappealing/unripe cut melon. Would really be nice to have some better looking fruit and also berries. Also, one morning there were only styrofoam plates and plastic utensils available which bothers me from an environmental stance. The breakfast sufficed, but have certainly had better at even lower level hotels.

Overall the hotel was quiet and our room faced the main road but did not hear any road noise. A room on the back side of the hotel facing the UofL campus might be nicer, but either is fine.

Room tip: Backside of hotel faces UofL campus, but either side is fine.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AOK2
Chris L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear of the good parts, and disappointed about where we fell short. I will certainly make every effort to address these concerns. I hope you enjoyed the Derby immensely, and greatly appreciate you choosing us for your accommodations while in Louisville. I sincerely apologize your experience wasn't 100% satisfactory, and I will spend the coming days and weeks trying to rectify the issues you communicated. Have a wonderful weekend, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

We were a group of 4 young adults and a grand parent attending the World Robotic Championships. The 2 bedroom suite with a separate living room (with fold out sofa) was perfect for our needs and very reasonably priced. Overall, the complimentary breakfast suited our younger members' needs perfectly and there were many food options near the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Chris L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I'm so glad you enjoyed our accommodations. Hopefully we can serve you again during the Robotic Championships next year, if not before! Have a great weekend and thanks again!