“Louisville marriot downtown”

Louisville Marriott Downtown
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My Dad and I stayed here for Super Bowl 2012. We couldn't have been happier. The rooms were clean. The staff was wonderful. We had a problem with our TV and they sent help immediately. When it still was not fixed, we received a 50.00 voucher for dinner in one of their restaurants. The only negative was the food in their Italian restaurant was awful. The salad was not fresh( the lettuce was slightly brown) and the chicken parm that I had was first burned on one side. I sent it back and received another chicken parm that was not cooked enough.. It was really bad. However the breakfast buffet/ Sunday brunch was awesome. I would definitely stay there again.....just won't eat dinner there. Many great restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 February 2012

My friend and i attended the New Edition concert at the Yum Center. To our surprise, the venue was very close to our hotel. The hotel staff and valet staff were very nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Great hotel! Will stay again

LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay to attend the concert at the KFC Yum Center and we are excited that you enjoyed your stay and the conveniant two block walk to the Yum Center. We look forward to seeing you for future events. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Good. parking and location not too convient unless you are doing something downtown

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I must say this was the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure to stay at. As soon as we pulled into the hotel, we were greeted by friendly staff and assisted to our rooms. I felt like royalty at the Marriott. The staff is top notch and the rooms were very comfortable. I can not wait to stay at this hotel again next year. Bravo!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay. We are thrilled that you had a great experience and we will share your comments with our team. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here one night around Thanksgiving en route to Chicago to visit family. The only problem we had was while checking in. My wife sat with our kids near the elevators while I went to the front desk. As I approached the front desk, a panhandler approached me right in front of the desk clerk (who did nothing) and asked me for some spare change. In relating this experience to my wife, apparently the same panhandler came up to her beforehand. I work in a big city and deal with panhandlers every day, but I was surprised to find one wandering around unchecked and harassing guests in the relatively small lobby area of a four-diamond hotel. It made us feel uneasy about the area around the hotel and the hotel's security priorities. Otherwise, the room was nice, the concierge was great in helping us find a restaurant for dinner (Hillbilly Tea - highly recommend) and the indoor pool was small but adequate.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and we are glad that you enjoyed your trip to Louisville over the holidays. I have shared your comments with our front office and loss prevention teams regarding the panhandler and aplogize for this awkward situation. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.