“Pretty nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed here for one night last week. I don't remember staying at a Hampton Inn before, but the hotel was very nice. It was decorated quite pretty for Christmas. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The location was in walking distance to restaurants and the KFC Yum Center. The lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We had an easy check in and check out. There were alot of options for breakfast, seating was plentiful, and the dining area large. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with the hotel and the service provided by our team. We hope you will keep us in mind if your future travel plans bring you back to Louisville.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

This is the second time within four weeks that a Hilton Hotel gave my room away! When I stepped up to the counter to check in, I was told "sorry, but were overbooked and your room is no longer available!" Apparently, guaranteeing a room at a Hilton property with a major credit card (along with being a HHonors member) is not much of a guarantee!! I simply can't believe it!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered at our hotel that resulted in your relocation to a different hotel. Without knowing the exact date of this occurence, I am unable to tell exactly what happened in your case. Please contact me directly at 502-585-2200 and I would be more than happy to look into this.

Bob Gigliotti

Reviewed 13 November 2011

My room was great, pool was nice and breakfast was okay. You can walk to most of the "sites" -- sports and historic.

Room Tip: Very small -- only one station
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2011

During a recent family of 4 trip to Louisville, our experience at the Hampton Inn was terribly disappointing. Prior to our arrival I called to confirm our reservation, explain that we would be arriving late and request a crib for my 8 mth old. Upon arrival at 9pm I was told that my room had been given away and that all they could do with give us a tiny room with one queen bed and there were no longer any cribs available. Due to a busy weekend in Louisville, we had no other options for finding a hotel. I requested additional pillows and blankets to be sent to the room that took two hours to arrive. I requested to speak with the hotel manager - it took 2 hours for the manager to finally call who only offered to comp the room. The room was hardly big enough for one queen bed, there was no soap for the shower. Overall a horrible experience

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 825Jmom
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn during a very busy weekend in Louisville. The staff was both attentive and pleasant. The Inn is located in an area accessible to major roadways if you're driving and to public transportation if needed. There is a limited shuttle service available as well. Many of the area attractions are nearby as are medical centers and the University of Louisville.
The hotel is clean, bright and cheerful. The complimentary breakfast was well attended though I can speak only for the coffee which was free-flowing 24 hours a day and I recommend the "robust" decanter as the regular repeatedly was too watered down for my taste.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family