“Just Ok.”

Quality Inn Northwest
Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Room was ok to spend one night in. My son didn't like it being so dark. The door didn't seem like it was shut real good and you could see where there were some pry marks around the latch and dead bolt. The A/C was super cold. I'd stay again as long as it stays inexpensive. Breakfast wasn't that great and not much to choose from.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Traveling from Florida to Michigan, we stopped at “Quality Inn Northwest (KY007) on 750 Newtown Ct on 2/24/17 at 7:48 pm and were checked in by: Schrys and put the cost on my credit card, $66.16

After moving luggage into room, we uncovered the beds only to find some type of bugs under the sheets. Immediately loaded luggage back in car and went to office to report it. Brought along a bug captured with a Kleenex and told the clerk we are not staying. She said OK and then said she could not issue a credit card release that it will be done by manager in the morning. She assured me that we could trust that would occur. We left and drove home to Michigan, stopping for gas in the middle of Ohio at midnight, have receipt to prove it.

Got my credit card statement on 3/13/2017 and discovered the credit was not issued. Called Motel and they said they would have manger call me back. Received a message from a Mr. AL, returned call and finally got a hold of him, explained situation and he said he wanted to check on it. Two days later I called again and he returned the call and said he wanted to check with the clerk on duty that night. Called him back in two days and the clerk on duty told me he left a message that he checked and would not issue a refund. (Checked on what, I don’t know) I ask for him to call me and he has not responded.

This is no way to run a business for travelers. Actually the health department also needs to do an inspection of this motel. Complained to Choice Hotels and Better Business Bureau.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Overpriced. The property is a magnet for criminals. Smelly room, in a state of disrepair. Weird as heck. Over-rated on all hotel websites, this place is below a one-star property. The clerk may have been under the influence of something. Free Breakfast - walked in, walked out. No Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pssunrisefl
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

So I booked this hotel off the choice hotel app., it is close to the red mile where we came to race horses. It is rated as 3 1/2 stars, but is more like Negative 3. I always stay at choice hotels because of their points program and have never had anything like this. The room cost 80 bucks after taxes and I can't believe the conditions! As we were were walking out, my husband pointed out a huge bloodstain on the mattress and the sheets were also dirty. The paint was peeling off the bathroom door and when I got up in the morning to use the toilet, this HUGE bug was greeting me in the doorway! I even showed the girl at the desk when I checked out, and all she could say was wow I have never seen a bug like that...I am very appalled and will never stay here again. I am also shocked that she didn't even act like it was a big deal. Again I am a regular choice hotels customer and I would hope that something would be done. This does not bode well for your chain's reputation. It is worse than a "thrifty inn " I once stayed at because I had no other option that only cost 50 bucks a night. At least that hotel was clean! This place is gross!!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany I
Reviewed 17 June 2017

This hotel is the lowest priced choice in its chain in Lexington - and with good reason.
I stayed 2 nights and my room was never serviced - no fresh towels, no bed-making,
no wastebaskets emptied. The hallways and parking lots are littered with cigarette butts, fast food wrappers, paper cups, etc. The TV in my room had no sound on the local NBC station, and poor sound on other cable channels. Breakfast was erratic. On my first morning, breakfast was quite good for a hotel offering, but on the second morning, the eggs and sausage were stone cold.

My room's carpeting didn't appear to be clean, and the one upholstered chair in the room had stains on it.

If you're on a budget, a one-night stay may work for you, but if you book, know that you'll be disappointed. The other negative reviews are really pretty accurate. I have to wonder why the chain doesn't pull its certification.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business