“A very special occasion place”

Tony's of Lexington
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's of Lexington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 997 Restaurants in Lexington
Description: A Tony Ricci restaurant combining the classic American steakhouse with fresh modern fare, an expansive and diverse wine list, matched with award winning service.
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We went to celebrate our anniversary, and were really impressed with the décor and the ambiance, but had kind of a mixed experience with the food. I should start by saying that I would go back for the Tuna Tartare alone. It is THAT good. The salads were good, and really big, so I can see getting an appetizer and a salad. I ordered a fish entree that came with barley. The fish and the sauce were heavenly, but the barley was just odd. Way too chewy. I would have preferred rice or couscous. That said, my husband ordered two sides (against the advice of our waiter, who said it would probably be too much, and it was), so I skipped the barley and shared the delicious mashed potatoes and ok creamed spinach. Sadly, we were disappointed in my husband's steak. In a steak house. He ordered medium rare, and it came out decidedly medium, especially on one side. No pink at all. Not at all like he ordered it. When he pointed this out to a waiter (not ours), he told us that it looked right to him. Uh, no. It's very expensive, and we should have been thrilled with it, but we weren't.

1  Thank DeeBJones

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had a fabulous experience at Tony's on a busy Thursday night. We started with a couple of drinks at the bar where the staff were friendly and attentive. We were seated on time for our 8 pm reservation where are exceptional server Larry took over. We both regretted not being hungrier because we would have tried everything on the menu. We split a sampling of the raw bar - oysters, shrimp cocktail and Alaskan king crab - which was cold, fresh and delicious. We also split a porterhouse; it was literally one of the best steaks I've ever had. Tender, moist and flavorful. What a great way to start our weekend in Lexington.

1  Thank CraigFloyd
Reviewed 1 September 2016

My wife and I went here for our anniversary, and it was amazing. Service was great, food was fantastic and we were well taken care of. Tony's is not cheap, so prepare accordingly. However, you'll enjoy the best steak of your life.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

My husband and I dined at Tony's to celebrate our anniversary this week. We shared the Caesar salad with anchovies, and he had the rack of lamb. Any place else he has ordered this entree has come with at most 4 pieces of lamb - this one had 8 pieces, and he said they were the best. I had the yellowfin tuna entree, and it was the best I've had in Lexington. It was served with a side of kohlrabi and shitaki mushrooms which were delicious. The lamb was $41, and the tuna was $36. A good price for both. We also ordered a Tikal malbec which was delicious. The bread was crusty and very flavorful. The restaurant was very full and noisy, but very invigorating at the same time. It was somewhat difficult to carry on a conversation with all the noise, but our meal was most enjoyable. Grant was our server, and he was very personable and helpful.
A manager checked on us when we were done, and we had a nice conversation with him before we left. A wonderful evening.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

I never get to enjoy my entire entree. By the time I have a few craft beers, oysters, crab cakes and the beet & watermelon salad I am so full. The good news is tomorrow's lunch is amazing. You can't go wrong!