“Wow - possibly the best Indian in Lexington”

Tandoor Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #108 of 997 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I went for the lunch buffet yesterday for the first time. It was $10 for a weekday buffet. I am fairly new to Indian food, I have only eaten it at maybe 10 different restaurants. This was seriously the best I have had. Besides the main dishes , there was a lovely selection of accompaniments and chai tea. I can’t wait to go back and will also try take out from there as I live in Frankfort. Don’t miss the Indian Market next door, too.

1  Thank ILoveBourbon

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit. After we were seatrd, it took around 10+ minutes for a waiter to take our drink order. It was not busy that night. This caused a little frustration for the group that I was eating with. The overall service after the initial “slow service” was excellent. On a personal note and given that this was my first experience with Infian food, I will not be returning. However, I would recommend this location to those that enjoy Indian Food. I had the samosa for an appetizer, the chicken makhani and the assorted bread (great).

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Went for the lunch buffet today with a group of friends. Will not be my last visit. Good variety on the buffet, reasonably priced, and good food. Overall nice place!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I like this restaurant! The food is great, prices reasonable, and atmosphere very pleasant. I know very little about Indian food and I appreciate that the staff was more than willing to educate me about dishes and offer recommendations. Three of us met for dinner and all had different dishes. We all shared each others and we all enjoyed every dish.

And a rarity these days in my experience: it was quiet enough that we were actually able to carry on a conversation in a normal tone of voice. That means a lot to me, so coupled with the delicious food and great service, we plan to come back in a few days to try some other new dishes :).

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I am so happy to have Tandoor Fine Indian Cuisine in Lexington. The staff are incredibly friendly and the food is fantastic.

I used to live in another city and frequented a local Indian restaurant so many times that the owner invited me to visit his family in Nepal. When I eat at an Indian restaurant, I don't take it lightly. I absolutely love Indian, Nepali, Indo-Chinese, and Pakistani food and Tandoor does a fantastic job at creating mouthwatering, succulent dishes. The Peshwari Naan is to die for and best of all - you can see the chef creating the naan to order right in front of you (look behind the buffet bar).

I was so happy to see dishes such as Eggplant Bharta, Bhindi Masala, Chole Barture, Gobhi Manchurian, and all of the lamb dishes!

Also, the restaurant itself is beautiful. Tandoor Fine Indian Cuisine is a must for any food and flavor lover! I enjoy my dishes Indian Hot with a side of spicy pickles and mango chutney. Tandoor is my absolute favorite Indian restaurant in Lexington.

Thanks Tandoor for the delicious food and friendly service!