“Great deviled eggs; good value for the money”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #36 of 977 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Came here for dinner with my family on Saturday night. There was a 20 minute wait but plenty of open seats at the bar, so time went quick with a beer in hand. For appetizers we shared the deviled eggs and an order of shrimp cocktail. The deviled eggs were great and I highly recommend them (just proves everything tastes better with bacon). For my meal I had the filet with horseradish crown, creamed spinach, and a backed potato. Great cut of meat, the horseradish crown was very plane, the spinach and potato were both good. Overall, we had a very nice meal and 3 of us ended up around $100 which seemed like a good price for what we ordered.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you for your compliments on our menu, we're so glad you and your family enjoyed your dining experience with us, and we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2016

We were stopping in Lexington for the night and were looking for a late lunch /early dinner. The hotel suggested trying the Chop House since it was close by. We found their food delicious and prices reasonable. We both had one of their $10-$12 dinner special. I had the ribs and my companion had the prime rid. We were both pleased with our selection.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Thank you for your compliments on on our menu specials, we're glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us, and we hope to serve you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Had a random night out with the hubby and dinner was amazing! Service was perfect and timing of food was perfect!

Thank you for your compliments on our waitstaff, we're glad you and your husband enjoyed your date night with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

I'm not much of a steak eater so I've never had the desire to eat here. But I had traveled to the airport to pick up some family and was dying for a steak so we decided to stop and eat here. This was my first time ever being here and from the minute we walked in the door I was pleased. The hostess greeted us with a smile and a genuine hello. Or waiter was absolutely amazing. He never actually wrote down what we had all ordered and when our food came out it was all correct! Not a single thing wrong or missing and thus was for a party of 5!! And the food was absolutely delicious! I will definitely be back when I'm in mood for a steak again!!!

Thank you for your wonderful compliments on our waitstaff and menu, we're so glad you decided to have a steak with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I wanted to take my grand-daughter out for a back to school lunch. They selected the chop house, they love it here. We always enjoy the food and hardly ever have to wait. We asked to be seated in the room with the fireplace. Even in the summer, the ambience is inviting. The prices are great and we were served heaping portions. The girls were not able to choose one dessert, so we got two and shared. The cheese cake with mixed berry topping was awesome and the cookie with ice cream ala mode was the best we have had. So the girls are back to school tomorrow with warm, fuzzy memories! Thank you Chop House!!

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and atmosphere, we're glad you and your your family enjoyed your back-to-school lunch with us, and we hope to serve you more "warm, fuzzy memories" again soon!