“Quick and delicious ”

Clawdaddy's
Ranked #101 of 997 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We placed a rather large order to-go and they were super quick to have it ready and everything was correct. We went with 2 orders of the largest sampler platter consisting of 2 lobster rolls, 1 crab roll and 1 shrimp roll with 2 sides (chips or slaw) each. It was plenty of food and everything was delicious. The only downside, they were sold out of whoopie pies :(
Friendly service inside, and the restaurant was very clean. We’d love to visit again!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Location: Downtown Lexington, KY! Based on what I observed, I don't know if it's possible to find street parking but there are tons of parking garages.

The place: Small, no frills kind of deal. It's not fancy but it's clean. Also, the bathroom was huge and spotless.

The goods: I'd been walking around all morning so wanted something hot. I ordered the lobster pot pie and a sweet tea. I thought the pot pie was pretty good and it was served steaming hot. I am not big on lobster so am far from an expert - you'll have to try it yourself and report back.

Service: Good! The fellow behind the counter was friendly and suggested I try a few things. The owner (I think) came over to see if I was enjoying my meal and I thought that was great customer service. He also overheard me asking the other guy where I could get a UK shirt, and told me where I could find some. He then came over to my table before I left, and said I'd be better served at a place close-by. Very helpful!

Price point: It's a little steep - I think the pot pie was like $15. That's my only negative. I think pricing should be a bit lower.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Food is good. Very small building. Very small portions. Very big price. Also, got food to go and they forgot my slaw.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Loved the host's welcome and the introduction to the restaurant. Décor had a fun, kitschy casual feel. The 1/2 lobster roll was authentic in taste, but the portion rather undersized compared to what I used to get in Boston or Maine. The shellfish chowder was good, more filling and what I needed on a cold day. I enjoyed the place, but not sure I enjoyed it enough to pay 20-something dollars for lunch for one. Yes, I know it's lobster. But still.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Being from New England, I'm always suspect about seafood in the middle of the country. Clawdaddy's is definitely the exception. The lobster was fresh and so were the rolls. Cole slaw is made in house was just how I like it. I also sampled the clam chowder it was excellent.
Just so you are aware, it's not cheap to get lobster from Maine to Kentucky. Expect to spend $20-25 on lunch. But, it is so worth it!