“Great lunch spot!”

Clawdaddy's
Ranked #102 of 983 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Being from New England, I'm always suspect about seafood in the middle of the country. Clawdaddy's is definitely the exception. The lobster was fresh and so were the rolls. Cole slaw is made in house was just how I like it. I also sampled the clam chowder it was excellent.
Just so you are aware, it's not cheap to get lobster from Maine to Kentucky. Expect to spend $20-25 on lunch. But, it is so worth it!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The lobster bisque was barely flavored over oily water. At best call it a broth but it had no rich creamy quality that is the very definition of bisque. It also had basically no lobster in it, not one single chunk in the entire bowl. My husband got a lunch special of soup and a small roll and they weren't kidding about small roll, it was tiny. This place was overpriced and extremely bland. We would never return.

1  Thank mommypennylane
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I was the only customer yesterday at 1145. The lobster roll was nicely filled and yummy. Dont bother with the bisque. I didnt have one piece of lobster at all. The owners have an ambitious undertaking. Wish them luck!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit & I was a bit surprised. It is located in downtown Lexington, across from Victorian Square, but at lunchtime only had one other customer. I didn't expect it to be set up like a fast food restaurant although the owner brought us flatware after ordering. The owner was informative & charming. The lobster roll had a ton of fresh lobster, but was dry with little flavor. The lobster bisque wasn't much better. The prices are quite high for a hot dog sized lobster roll, slaw, bisque and no atmosphere. Doubt I'll go back even though I wish success for the owner. For the price, it should have been better than average.

1  Thank PattyLexington_KY
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Went there for lunch. A bit pricey but it was as advetised. All seafood, no fillers. I had the sampler of a half lobster roll, a half shrimp roll and a half crab roll. I also tried their lobster bisque. Everything was fresh and wonderfully tasting. The bisque was some of the best I have ever had. I will return next time I am in town.