“Don't waste your money”

Jin Jin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #678 of 972 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I ordered take out and when I went in to pick up my food, I was really unimpressed with the decor. It was very dreary and old feeling not to mention HOT! The food was very disappointing. I ordered the sweet and sour chicken combo and based on every other Chinese take out I've ever had, I was expecting enough good for two meals. Wow, was I wrong! I received 10 bites of chicken and what seemed like 3 helpings of rice. The little bit of chicken that I got was tasty but the sweet & sour sauce was extremely thick and very sour tasting. Not good. The rice smelled absolutely gross, it smelled like sour body odor. I ate a bite of it and it tasted about like it smelled. The egg roll was tasty. This was my first and last visit, I would just as soon throw my money in the dumpster as spend any more there.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Ordered online and i called a half hour later to check on the order. Staff say they never got the order and they will "check on it". They call back 10 minutes later and say they "found it" and i have to come pick it up because I didn't pay the $1.99 delivery charge. (I had already put a $5 tip on the order.) So, I say well I think you can throw that in for free at this point, since I already paid and put a tip and you never got the order. They refused and put the manager or owner on the phone and he was terribly rude. He told me it wasn't his problem and then hung up on me. Awful and NEVER again. We ate there once before and it was okay and only ordered because they are close to the house and we were tired. Craptastic!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Food is OK, reasonably priced. The dine in is awfully sterile atmosphere. Glaring fluorescent lights too bright for my preference. It is better to take out.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Order here at least weekly. Excellent Chinese food + very reliable. Restaurant decor is a bit grim - it is really just a take out place.

1  Thank Kyacct
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Ordered food for delivery to a hotel. They were on the list in the hotel and were recommended.
Called from front desk ordered food...it never arrived! After 1.5 hours, called and ordered from another restaurant.